White british pupils from working class homes are more likely to fail at school

Guest petercrotch

poverty CAN affect educational aspiration, it doesnt in all cases.

It emerged that Chinese pupils with parents in the same income band are around three times as likely to leave school with decent GCSE grades.

good to see that, cos the difference is that as chinese pple, we're brought up culturally what it means to be part of society. This excellence used to and probably largely still does apply to African kids, but as they 'integrate' with their traditional british environment of loutishness and where its cool to be choopid (something the carribeans especially jamaicans have since adopted and mastered) these stats of excellence will begin to drop.

• Downvote 2

Although I don't have any statistics to back up my claim but generally white people tend to favour apprenticeships after leaving school allowing them to become electricians, plumbers, plasterers, mechanics etc...

Universities are just full of every race mixed in with a small proportion of whites.

This old debate again.

Marvell just stfu.

It's not new news, it's just been found again in a report THIS year.

Move along, nothing to see.

Poor people of all races are generally underachieving. Tell us something we don't f*ck*ng know.

chinese arent tho. and its not a debate its a statementyour media wants to keep talking about it tho?

This old debate again.

Marvell just stfu.

It's not new news, it's just been found again in a report THIS year.

Move along, nothing to see.

Poor people of all races are generally underachieving. Tell us something we don't f*ck*ng know.

chinese arent tho. and its not a debate its a statementyour media wants to keep talking about it tho?

I hate that media just as much as the next enlightened soul. I only read the FT, TES and LRB.

I read no other paper. I can already foresee the future.

LionLamb.jpg

As an aff there's no way I could have failed my gcses

The shame would be f*cked with aunties n uncles I got love for comin all the time asking all these questions and competition amoungst olders. not to talk of my rents drive for excellence. Then I got siblings and cousins looking at me, my destiny can't be william hill mandem too much to lose

That's why I hate this talk of putting all black pl under one umbrella were all too different

• Upvote 1

Guest petercrotch

Marvel has a point , ive got the best of both worlds because im half caribbean and half african but we seriously need to ask the question . Africans tend to outpeform caribbeans when it comes to education ,even when it comes to middle class jobs such as working in the courts and the health industry. we seriously need to ask why ? I even remember someone saying that they were a doctor and nearly all of the black people they work with are african .

Guest petercrotch

Although I don't have any statistics to back up my claim but generally white people tend to favour apprenticeships after leaving school allowing them to become electricians, plumbers, plasterers, mechanics etc...

Universities are just full of every race mixed in with a small proportion of whites.

This is the way to go . A job on the street as they call it will always bring the chedder in especially in this climate. Bar building work of course

i think this is true to extent when talking about working class white lads.

I like to think im fairly smart, my behavior in school was bad but i did pretty well academically, however the moment i stepped in secondary school the message from the teachers seemed to be 'uni aint for u'.

Guest whowantswhat

Marvel has a point , ive got the best of both worlds because im half caribbean and half african but we seriously need to ask the question . Africans tend to outpeform caribbeans when it comes to education ,even when it comes to middle class jobs such as working in the courts and the health industry. we seriously need to ask why ? I even remember someone saying that they were a doctor and nearly all of the black people they work with are african .

Africans have family units and family tress most of us caribs come fro broken homes and have family hedge mazes!

Guest petercrotch

Africans have family units and family tress most of us caribs come fro broken homes and have family hedge mazes!

Honestly i would say that is a big part of the problem . see alot of the sisters struggling,trying to be both mother and father. Not to mention the financial side of the coin .

Having a father figure around does help and it does have an affect on how sucessful one is , not to mention the whole discipline factor . All you have to do is take a look at the video of that yout on the bus cursing his mother . I guarantee that his father is not around because no black father living in the same house as his seed would allow things to have gone that far