Your top 10 pound for pound, active boxers

Fighting Weight

But I swear Martinez has been trying for this fight for a while?

Martinez is the champion at 160.

Floyd is a smaller welterweight, until recently against Cotto, he had only fought once at 154, against Oscar in 2007

Floyd isn't likely to move up two divisions to fight Martinez and if Martinez (who has offered to fight Floyd at 154) is serious about doing so, he needs to move there and have at least one fight beforehand at the weight, imo you cant be a 37 year old man and just drop down to a weight you havent fought at in X amount of years and ask someone to come up, not looking to see him fight as a corpse

Imo if he wants a big fight he either needs to move to 154, where Floyd holds a belt, or move up to 168 and face Ward, though there's a marked difference in the amount of money he should make

1. Floyd 

Cant wait to see what will happen with the 6fight deal with showtime. It could really cement his legacy

2. Martinez

One of the most feared and avoided middleweights of recent years, Doesnt really look like anyone in his weight class can touch him

3. Ward

Again just looks head and shoulders above the rest of the division, moving up to light heavy weight and still dominating

4. JMM

The mans record speaks for itself. I had him winning all 3 pac fights 

5. Donaire

Pacs successor, exciting fighter see by many as fighter of 2012

6.Froch

Killed bute despite being massive under dog, and i think he has had 8 world tite fights in a row! Needed to knock out Jermain Taylor to keep his title and did it with 12 seconds to go. going to see another war with kessler this may

7. Pac

Still a massive fighter, but well past his best. Im guessing only has 1 more fight in him. I also read doctors fear early signs of parkinson

8. Canello

Very young very experienced next few years could be huge if he gets the rights fights. His next fight v trout could mean difference of being a star and being a super star

9. wlad 

I dont like him but i wanted 1 heavy weight in here

10. Broner 

Like floyd but like to bang. want to see him fight ricky burns and move up a division, he was massive against rees, so will easily be fighting at welterweight in a few years

• 2 weeks later...

But I swear Martinez has been trying for this fight for a while?

Martinez is the champion at 160.

Floyd is a smaller welterweight, until recently against Cotto, he had only fought once at 154, against Oscar in 2007

Floyd isn't likely to move up two divisions to fight Martinez and if Martinez (who has offered to fight Floyd at 154) is serious about doing so, he needs to move there and have at least one fight beforehand at the weight, imo you cant be a 37 year old man and just drop down to a weight you havent fought at in X amount of years and ask someone to come up, not looking to see him fight as a corpse

Imo if he wants a big fight he either needs to move to 154, where Floyd holds a belt, or move up to 168 and face Ward, though there's a marked difference in the amount of money he should make

Cool, I know the weight difference just didnt know if PBF was ducking or not seems like no one wants to fight Martinez.

1. Floyd

2. Ward

3. Marquez

4. Pacquiao

5. Rigondeux (I think he is interchangable with Donaire atm, but I beleived he's more skilled and their bout next month will determine who should be higher)

6. Donaire

7. Hopkins (double edged sword ranking him, he has the best footwork in the game and the best ring generalship, but due to his age he clearly isn't at his physical peak anymore and cant beat everyone at his weight)

8. Martinez

9. Erislandy Lara

10. Gennadiy Golovkin

Ward will soon be 1 when Floyd retires

I schtick by this. Maybe Rigo above Pac, Rigo is def better p4p and I think Pacs recent resume warrants a drop in ranking.

For me? Most def, he's 49 years old now and he just upset tavoris cloud last month. His athleticism has diminished but there's no denying his skillset is almost unrivalled, his movement feinting and use of angles vs cloud was masterful.

So yeah I think he's definitely one of the most skilled boxers on the planet

• Upvote 1