Rick Ross beats Drake, Kanye West, Jay-Z to MTV's 'Hottest MC' title

Don Crack

Rick Ross has been named the 'Hottest MC' by MTV.

The 'Aston Martin' rapper won the honour over many of his collaborators, such as Drake, Kanye West and Jay-Z.

"I just got the news that I was voted the game's Hottest MC, and man, it really means a lot to me, of course, but it's an honour," Ross shared to MTV News.

"It's something I've been watching, something I've been a fan of forever. Of course, MTV, they run the game. MMG, we're here. Shout-out to the whole team."

Rappers were judged by MTV's 'Hottest' criteria, which included "impact, buzz, sales, lyrics, swag and the intangibles".

Drake previously revealed that he enjoys working with Ross as the two like "to make the same music".

Back in October, Ross suffered a seizure while flying to Memphis, Tennessee.

The 'Hottest MCs' list is as follows:

1) Rick Ross

2) Drake

3) Kanye West

4) Nicki Minaj

5) Lil Wayne

6) Jay-Z

7) Meek Mill

8) Big Sean

9) Wiz Khalifa

10) Wale

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a366889/rick-ross-beats-drake-kanye-west-jay-z-to-mtvs-hottest-mc-title.html

• Downvote 1

That's the sad thing

That actually is the top 10 list of rappers right now

Shows how far hip hop has fallen

it really isnt that far from the truth. Most of the bangers at the moment are coming out of YMCMB or MMG

not this sh*t again

Did i say anything wrong?

The list is based on popularity, and how active said rapper is, is it not?

nah u didnt but the way ur phrasing ur sh*t is making me think u wanna open up an argument about punchlines, multis and "what hip hop is" which has no place here.

Nah i'm just explaining why some rappers didn't make it on the list, and MTV made the list for a reason.