Pro Wrestling (WWE, AEW, NJPW, ROH, RevPro, Impact, MLW, WOS)

Admin.

On 30/01/2017 at 10:03 PM, Iceberg said:

I liked the first half of the rumble 

didnt mind the bodies piling up in the ring cos i knew goldberg or lesnar were coming to clean house

but when leanar comes out at 26 and you know taker and goldberg still to reach i really started to worry 

lesnar getting bitched by goldberg and goldberg getting bitched by undertaker was like OK ?

Reigns coming out at 30 was like ? Thought they were gnna just turn him heel that would have been alright

Orton winning is backwards, should have had wyatt win... can see wyatt winning the chamber match and orton getting his wm30 win back at 33... where as wyatt going on to beat orton for the belt at WM would make him...

even tho raw is on a timer think il go back to just reading the results of that show

DEAD

/

Omega coming bethnal in april might reach thatCena 

Styles vs Cena was the best bit of the whole show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Netflix Addition Is Game Changer For Lucha Underground

•  
5278d0993f83c19b39c55986f928b66e?s=400&#

Donald Wood ,  

CONTRIBUTOR

I write about wrestling from a unique business perspective.  

Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

On March 15, Lucha Underground’s first and second season will be available on Netflix, making it the first wrestling product on the platform.

Lucha Underground has blossomed into one of the most interesting promotions in the world by changing what traditional wrestling has always been and repackaging it as more of an easily consumable television show.

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Lucha Libre FMV's General Manager Dorian Roldan. (Photo by Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images)

While the third season of Underground has been excellent thus far, Season 1 and 2 are great examples of consistent storytelling, proper character development and the overall respect of its viewers.

For any wrestling fan who has watched WWE for long enough, storytelling and character development are always lacking and the company’s creative team usually treats its viewers as if they’re not smart enough to understand complex ideas.

Now that Lucha Underground will be available to over 90 million worldwide Netflix viewers, members of the WWE Universe tired of being treated poorly will realize there are viable alternatives that surpass the quality of the WWE product.

“Lucha Underground really is the first episodic professional wrestling show. There are storylines in every promotion, but the way Lucha Underground is crafted really is more of a TV show than your traditional wrestling show,” Lucha Underground champion Johnny Mundo told Ring Rust Radio in an interview promoting his upcoming movie, Boone: the Bounty Hunter. “It’s more of a blend. This could be the first evidence of how wrestling is changing and how people consume content with the shortening attention spans and the wants and needs of wrestling fans.”

By exposing wrestling fans who never had legal access to Lucha Underground on the El Rey Network, the company will be showcasing its unique product to a greater number of viewers in its ideal demographics.

In addition to more hardcore wrestling fans being able to watch the show, the move to Netflix will also open the product up to a broader Hispanic fanbase. Lucha Libre FMV's General Manager Dorian Roldan spoke about the importance of widening Lucha Underground’s impact in Central and South America.

“For the company I think the biggest impact will be in Latin America. It is the first time the product is available to them and we are confident they will love it as much as our domestic Believers do,” Roldan said in a statement. “Also the company will feel the impact of the increased exposure with both English and Spanish speakers in the U.S., as this is the first time Season 2 has been released in Spanish in the U.S. as well. We have big plans for Lucha Underground as a TV show on El Rey Network but also as a brand, this partnership helps us bring our product to another consumer.”

What Lucha Underground offers wrestling fans is something completely different. In a current wrestling landscape where many companies are following in the footsteps of the WWE formula, Lucha Underground has completely revolutionized the industry by attacking the product from a new and unique perspective.

Instead of consuming hours of meaningless WWE content each week, Netflix will provide fans who have never seen Lucha Underground with the opportunity to watch a product that jam packs one hour each week full of entertainment.

Lucha Underground doesn’t waste the time of its viewers, and in today’s current landscape, that’s something wrestling fans genuinely appreciate.

While Lucha Underground already has a dedicated and hardcore following, exposing a product which has received 9.1 out of 10 on the IMDb rating scale to millions of new viewers will only help to grow its audience and continue its momentum.

For the wrestling fans who have only heard about Lucha Underground without watching the product, the addition of Season 1 and 2 to Netflix is the opportunity to binge watch one of the most innovative wrestling shows since ECW.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/donaldwoodjr/2017/03/13/netflix-addition-is-game-changer-for-lucha-underground/#612d394575f7

Not on uk ?

Was thinking where the hell was it.....SMH!!!

/

Been watching wrestling shoots a lot in the last few weeks, Jim Cornette >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

His beef with Vince Russo c*nt.......... His beef with Ed Ferarra.......... His hatred for Sable........ :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Thizz said:

Pmsl no one told that security woman that Gronk was gonna get involved ?

That was fucking jokes

#botchamania

Jim Ross on Appearing at WrestleMania 33

As noted, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross signed a new deal with WWE and will be calling a match at WrestleMania tonight, and it will likely be the main event match which is currently scheduled to be Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker. JR discussed his WWE return with ESPN, and said that his late wife Jan will be looking down and him and smiling as he walks down the ramp.

“I want to believe and I have no reason not believe that it’s going to feel good,” JR said. “I have seen my friends here and they’re my extended family. I spent 21 years with that company. I’d like to think Jan and I played a small part in helping retool the publicly traded WWE after staving off bankruptcy and some bad financial problems that we all battled through. It would be very cathartic. She wanted to go shopping and wear her good threads on the [Hall of Fame] red carpet, and she wanted to hear the crowd reaction if I got to come down to call a match. We can’t do anything about the Hall of Fame and the red carpet, but maybe we can do something about the other.”

Read more at http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/823261-jim-ross-on-appearing-at-wrestlemania-33-chris-jericho-alexa-bliss-ziggler-corbin-austin-aries-and-more-arrive-at-wrestlemania-videos#C2C1v43KXdKxfb6S.99

Charley Caruso god damn

sweat dripping in between her titties and sittting like sharon stone

lol ambrose/corbin bumped off the main show to the kick off show for the smackdown women

defo going to bed after this

wrestlemania isnt for wrestling fans

show is for casuals

As noted, the Hardys are expected to be signing with WWE imminently. They dropped the ROH Tag Team Championship to the Young Bucks at last night's ROH Supercard Of Honor XI event. After the match, Jeff Hardy said that there's only one thing left to do, singing that they'll "fade away and classify ourselves as obsolete" from ROH.

The Hardys are holding a Broken Tailgate party today in Orlando about 1.6 miles from Camping World Stadium, the site of tonight's WrestleMania 33 event. A Twitter user posted the video below of a WWE vehicle in front of the party. The party is scheduled to go until 6pm ET, an hour before the WrestleMania 33 main card begins.

If they turn up at Mania or Raw...

Mick Mahan and the man with 3 H's needs to make it happen

6 minutes ago, Thizz said:

Not worth staying up for then?

/

feel for Uncor JR 

Im sure it will be decent with 1 or 2 sick moments

but im not sitting up at 2am watching new day jumping the shark waiting for that 3am flo rida performance 

will watch it tomorrow

6 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

Im sure it will be decent with 1 or 2 sick moments

but im not sitting up at 2am watching new day jumping the shark waiting for that 3am flo rida performance 

will watch it tomorrow

Loooooool

/

Shawn Michaels a drunk? 

Styles/mchmahon was motn

owen/jericho good

raw ladder match with the hardys coming back was good... mad pop for matt

hhh/seth was good

goldberg/lesnar delivered

womens matches were horrible back to piss break days

orton winning ?

Didnt give a shit about the other matches