Pro Wrestling (WWE, AEW, NJPW, ROH, RevPro, Impact, MLW, WOS)

Admin.

Just watched NXT takeover, the tag team title match was the match of the weekend and a strong contender for MOTY

Broken Matt Hardy and Brother Nero>>>>>>

Glad I feel asleep last night and didn't have to sit through the mini concert and the total bellas episode.

The womens match was peak

as soon as it came on in the stadium they changed the lights and the glare was fucked, couldnt even see the ring. whole crowd chanting "we cant see"

iknew lesnar would bop goldberg. You think Lesnar would allow WWE to say...yeh...Goldberg is gonna beat you in record time and go on to win the title... without it being followed by where you will do the same back at WM

/

slyly glad i picked this WM to go to

• Upvote 6

53 minutes ago, Agony said:

Just watched NXT takeover, the tag team title match was the match of the weekend and a strong contender for MOTY

Broken Matt Hardy and Brother Nero>>>>>>

Glad I feel asleep last night and didn't have to sit through the mini concert and the total bellas episode.

Thought it was a good match but getting tired of these spot fests and slap kicks

prefered the roode/nakamura match 

2 hours ago, Iceberg said:

Thought it was a good match but getting tired of these spot fests and slap kicks

prefered the roode/nakamura match 

I hear that but personally I skip through a lot undercard/average matches in general to keep things fresh. Still haven't watched last weeks raw/smackdown even though I skip through that and only caught up with the last few months of NXT last week. Speaking of NXT, Kassius Ohno/Chris Hero fell off. Him and Cesaro's journey from when they was a team to now is like Rooney and Ronaldo.

2 hours ago, Bruno Di Gradi said:

The womens match was peak

as soon as it came on in the stadium they changed the lights and the glare was fucked, couldnt even see the ring. whole crowd chanting "we cant see"

iknew lesnar would bop goldberg. You think Lesnar would allow WWE to say...yeh...Goldberg is gonna beat you in record time and go on to win the title... without it being followed by where you will do the same back at WM

/

slyly glad i picked this WM to go to

Brock Lesnar reportedly pushed for longer feud with Goldberg

by Sean Rueter@s1rude  Nov 21, 2016, 10:45am EST

TWEET

PIN

REC

WWE.com

Wrestling is a weird business. So weird that a man whose brand is built on the fact he’s an unbeatable freak of nature may have gone to his boss and asked to get his butt kicked by a 49 year old man.

We’ll probably never know exactly of what the conversations which led to Goldberg becoming only the second man to twice beat Brock Lesnar clean in singles matches on WWE pay-per-view (PPV) consisted. But on the post-Survivor Series edition of Wrestling Observer Radio (subscription required but recommended), Dave Meltzer says Lesnar pushed for the multi-match contract Goldberg apparently signed some time in the past week, and the 86 second beating which occurred last night (Nov. 19) in Toronto was put together to make the WCW legend look as good as possible for future matches against the Beast Incarnate.

Lesnar reportedly wanted more than one date with Goldberg because he sees their rivalry as a big money feud, and Vince McMahon apparently agrees. Once everyone was on the same page with that, and a new deal inked with Goldberg, the decision was made to do the Survivor Series squash. It was apparently done to mirror the kind of matches which got the former NFL lineman over back in his WCW glory days in order to maximize his appeal for the rematch, and not because of any injury he’d suffered, as was rumored last night.

Still no word on when exactly the Goldberg/Lesnar trilogy match will take place. Reports indicate the next appearance from Goldberg will be his second appearance in the Royal Rumble match, so not a one-on-one with Brock.

Yh takes me about 5mins to watch 3 hour raw, just record then skip through to see if anything interesting happened

watch smackdown(but its been lacking in the build for wrestlemania...too much Cena)

read the nxt taping results and watch takeovers

dont even bother with 205live

read the results of raw ppvs and decide if its worth the watch or not

watch smackdown ppvs

and talking smack 

but just canceled my nerwork until royal rumble so ill be taking a break

/

need to find a hd version of lucha underground season 3

That Hardy Boyz bit even tough what I expected happen had me feeling like a kid even the Brock Golberg fight impressed me. Ambrose should of lost and Bray should of retained. I just dont like how someone can have the main title then few weeks later have the US or Intercontinental title .

Bray should've had a lengthy title run before he got buried by Cena and what happened to KO's Universal title rematch, lol

/

Haven't watched 205live or even that Cruiserweight tournament and the UK one yet

Been slacking on LU. Still halfway through season 2. Did you check Exodus and the 'Watch Wrestling' kodi add on(or 'Watch Wrestling' websites)?

Link are gone within a week usually, if i could be bothered to switch on my laptop might try look on the old wrestling sites i used back in the day

/

Cruiserweight classic is the best thing they did, first round is a little slow then it picks up like majoryly the 2 semi final matches are really good... not wwe style at all

uk tournament day 2 was also really good 

id actually go to progress if it wernt so rock/punk based 

maybe ill try a revpro event 

https://www.pscp.tv/VivaDelRio/1BRKjEnemdBxw

Yesterday night, Alberto El Patron did a Periscope while in Times Square and went on an apparent drunk rant on a number of topics, including his former employer and when he and Paige are looking to get married. Alberto said near the start:

"If you're wondering if I'm a little bit drunk? Yes, I'm a little bit drunk, and, you know that's when the good stuff comes."

In regards to the wedding, Alberto asked Paige "When are we going to get married?" She responded by saying "In June," which he then echoed. Alberto then turned to the "Keyboard Warriors" who talked negatively about Paige and himself:

"You remind me of one of the bosses in WWE, with the big f--kin' nose, big f--kin' pu--ies."

El Patron continued to talk about his former employer, by saying:

"Ya know, I'm close to the next town. Stamford. I could pay a visit to somebody. Stamford is only forty-five minutes away. That's where all the pu--ies live, right? I could go there and just knock on someone's door, 'Hey, big nose with the small d--k.'"

japanese wrestlers out here actually Wrestling tryna kill themselves and shit. Fuck all dat

The Fork In The Road That Is Shibata’s Injury

Posted by Gavin Sheehan April 18, 2017  3 Comments

Last month, we told you about the career of Katsuyori Shibata and how his winning the New Japan Cup was a sign of change in the company toward a man who worked hard to get back to a place he should have been for years. Last Sunday, he wrestled against current IWGP champion Kazuchika Okada in a 40-minute classic that told an excellent story. You didn’t even need English commentary to tell you what these two were trying to do in the ring, if you can find it I recommend you watch it in full from the mat wrestling at the start to the grueling and sweaty ending. As you know from previous discussions, Japanese pro wrestling is treated like a real sport and many of the participants fight in “strong style” where many of their hits connect harder than they should for realism. About five minutes before the match ended, Shibata gave Okada one of the sickest headbutts you’ll ever see and hear. How sick? THIS sick!

The visual alone, all the way to the blood trail… it is amazing and disturbing at the same time. Shibata would end up losing to Okada, and as he exited the ring on his own power, you could see something wasn’t right. Reports say when he got to the back he collapsed and was rushed to a hospital where he was diagnosed and received treatment for a subdural hematoma from that headbutt, which caused temporary paralysis on his right side (as he was seen limping to the back with his arm just dangling). Or at least, that’s the report coming from NJPW as Shibata is resting in a hospital. Dave Meltzer, one of wrestling’s most trusted (if not the biggest) reporters who writes about the real-life events behind the show couldn’t get confirmation on certain details that should be easy to obtain for a real injury. Which has now raised speculation: is this a legit injury that people are keeping quiet on, or a “worked” injury for a wrestler who has become one of NJPW’s most popular names to make a comeback and win the title?

shibatapose

If this is entirely a work, kudos to NJPW and both performers for giving us a hell of a story. However, it doesn’t really wash away that sickening thud you hear when Shibata and Okada’s heads collide. As a fan, three names come to mind when I hear the word headbutt: The Dynamite Kid, Chris Benoit, and Daniel Bryan. The first man was put in a wheelchair before he was 40, the second ended tragically and we best not speak on it, and the third was forced to retire early before he ended up like the first (even though he may try to come back when his WWE contract is up). What we’re getting at here is that stiff workers who put their heads and bodies on the line in the most extreme ways are almost destined for lifelong injuries that end careers early. And as much as I enjoy watching Shibata perform and would love to see a title around his waist, I can’t help but think that I’m slowly watching a guy destroy himself. Would I like to see the man simply known as “The Wrestler” wearing the IWGP Championship once in his career? Absolutely. Would I like to see him do it in a wheelchair as he vacates the title? Not at all, and neither would you.

suibata2

If Shibata does come back and everything was for show, I’ll breathe a sigh of relief. But even he has to know at 37-years-old, the track record for men who fight like him does not have a lot of happy endings. If it is real, then he’s about to experience his own ending as his career is surely over in every athletic field in the world as a performer. But regardless of the outcome, on a grander scale, Shibata may be the first and biggest example in the current boom for NJPW for all of the talent to take a better look at “strong style.” It may be time to decide whether that extra bit of power to the chop or pressure on the kick is really worth it to you and your opponents in the ring.