THE SMUG GRIN... PMSLLLLL

imhim

‘Party time’ as Haye jets first class to Vegas

Former world heavyweight David Haye flew out of Britain just days after his role in an unseemly brawl with Dereck Chisora in Munich.

Haye’s whereabouts had been unknown in the hours after the brawl, which led to Chisora being detained by German police, but he kept his followers on Twitter up to date with a picture.

Haye is still wanted for questioning in Germany, but showed no signs of concern in his first-class seat as he set off for Las Vegas.

“Managed to shake off them bird watchers on M25!” Haye tweeted. “Jetting off to warmer climates. It’s PARTY TIME!”

The ‘bird watchers’ referred to the paparazzi, who Haye had earlier photographed waiting outside his house.

German prosecutors reportedly suspect Haye of grievous bodily harm, which if proven is punishable by a minimum jail term of six months.

A police spokesman said: "We're going to ask the British to help us but this is not a quick process. We have to go through the right channels, send letters, et cetera.

"We don't expect something to happen for around two weeks. It is not a serious charge, like murder, it is just a case involving two famous people."

In a statement on Monday Haye apologised for his behaviour in the press conference, vowing to help boxing authorities with their investigations.

“It goes without saying, I am bitterly disappointed to have been a part of what transpired on Saturday evening,” the statement read.

“I realise I am no angel – and don't mind a bit of professional trash-talk to help raise boxing's profile – but, during my 21 years in the sport, I have never been involved in, or even witnessed, such a serious fracas.

“If requested, I shall happily assist the boxing authorities with any investigation they wish to launch and, ultimately, hope that all lessons learned from this incident will be implemented.”

e8e0066e6b47c6aeaefb12e69c400bb4.jpg