Safe Investments/Businesses... Do they exist?

Captain Planet

I was in the laundrette yesterday and it dawned upon me, the owner simply opens it in the morning and leaves then closes it at around 8pm.

Now my assumption is that a laundrette alone is not enough to live off, not in the slightest, and I take it the owner works a job alongside it. Now the initial outlay as with securing any sort of premises and capital is going to be quite a bit, but in an area where a laundrette is needed, but not present, would the council subsidize such a place?

Furthermore is this an example of a guranteed small-time, low risk earner?

Do you have better?

So I take it we're all ready to start building our empires having watched that video Venom posted the other day.

So the guy said the first step was to enable a stable cash flow

ie: a launderette.

What else is there guys?!

A launderette is almost perfect because they basically run themselves.

Anything else along them lines?

As usual this is the wrong place to discuss this. If you really wanna know you need to speak to someone who does this or has done it previously. Rent of the premises, electricity, water costs, maintenance of the machines etc. are all things you need realistic costs for. So you can actually forecast how many washes etc. you would need to make any money.

Who knows. That might not even be the way these things are run.

Anyway conclusion of my rambling is go outside and ask questions to the right people. Instead of vip2

Pawn shop mate buy people's stuff for dirt cheap and sell it on for a much higher price. Also do but back so of they do not buy back their stuff within 30 days plus the interest it's ur to sell on. They can even extend the amount of time they want to loan it out to u by paying the intrest on top. See quite a few independent ones around my sides spring up plus few more cash converters. Locate it next to a bookies will get load of low life's and junkies come in then ur happy

I was in the laundrette yesterday and it dawned upon me, the owner simply opens it in the morning and leaves then closes it at around 8pm.

Now my assumption is that a laundrette alone is not enough to live off, not in the slightest, and I take it the owner works a job alongside it. Now the initial outlay as with securing any sort of premises and capital is going to be quite a bit, but in an area where a laundrette is needed, but not present, would the council subsidize such a place?

Do you have better?

come on mate this is 2012

thats never a small-time low risk earner

i present to you....the internet

access to almost anyone anywhere anything

why the f*ck are you opening laundrettes

analyse market trends online, it doesn't have to be any Mintel research sh*t, jus scroll eBay for a few days, find your niche(s), find the most appropriate supplier online and then find a way to reach your market, probably online

u barely have to leave ur bed

uni was a waste of time tbh I coulda self learnt it all in a couple months. real marketing skills come from jus gettin out there n doin it

As usual this is the wrong place to discuss this. If you really wanna know you need to speak to someone who does this or has done it previously. Rent of the premises, electricity, water costs, maintenance of the machines etc. are all things you need realistic costs for. So you can actually forecast how many washes etc. you would need to make any money.

Who knows. That might not even be the way these things are run.

Anyway conclusion of my rambling is go outside and ask questions to the right people. Instead of vip2

true, for this specific thing yh it wld be worth talking to someone

my parents own a flat and this is what i wld consider a low risk earner, so i have a point of reference to this thing, was just wondering what the forum though of the concept or had any other examples

Do you have better?

come on mate this is 2012

thats never a small-time low risk earner

i present to you....the internet

access to almost anyone anywhere anything

why the f*ck are you opening laundrettes

analyse market trends online, it doesn't have to be any Mintel research sh*t, jus scroll eBay for a few days, find your niche(s), find the most appropriate supplier online and then find a way to reach your market, probably online

u barely have to leave ur bed

uni was a waste of time tbh I coulda self learnt it all in a couple months. real marketing skills come from jus gettin out there n doin it

im not considering opening a laundrette mate

i just like to explore the mechanisms of things and discuss them on a forum for discussion

Only thing learning it yourself means you have no concrete degree, just good to have something to fall back on and depending on where you go it can be good for networking, but overall I agree

I have a degree in business but it couldn't teach me what I learnt by just taking part in business.

The theories and stuff are all good but if you don't apply them that's all they ever will be.