Gennadiy Golovkin

Fighting Weight

Superbly talented fighter from Khazakstan, those who follow the AM's should be familiar with him, multiple world amateur champion as a Welterweight, Light-Middleweight and Middleweight in Budapest, South Korea, Bankok and won a silver medal in Athens, Greece, in 2004.

His amateur resume boasts a stoppage win over currently undefeated SMW Lucian Bute, wins over Andre Dirrell, southpaw Andy Lee, and Middleweight amateur world champion Matvey Korobov.

He is currently 22-0 with only one of his fights going the distance, all the others ending in KO's or corner stoppages, fighting at 160.

Want to see him step up and fight some of the bigger guns but he is being avoided by everyone, being a relatively unknown name he is a low-reward, high-risk fighter, very good fundamentals and real knock-out power.

His last win was a stoppage over the previously unstopped Lajuan Simon with a beautiful check hook

gggbckk0d.gif

According to twitter Sergio Mora has signed to fight him, so watch this space.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Chelsea Jack

fell asleep for this one, need to watch. Who saw Rees vs Crolla? Sky's commentary was so poor, twas obvious they've wanted a crolla vs burns showdown from the start.

Guest Chelsea Jack

Sky Boxing needs a total revamp in terms of its commentators and pundits, the majority of them are f*cking sh*t. Especially dopey Glenn McCrory and Jim Watt, both of them talk endless amounts of bollocks that drives me up the f*cking wall. I like Jamie Moore though, he does a good job imo and for the most part remains impartial.

Sergio Martinez has always fought all comers. And even though he's injured and unlikely to fight until sometime in early 2014, the WBC middleweight champion is still willing to do so.

After Gennady Golovkin's sensational knockout victory over Matthew Macklin on Saturday in Mashantucket, Conn., Martinez promoter Lou DiBella said he wasn't eager to put the star of his stable in with Golovkin.

"[Martinez] is not going to come off a 14-month layoff and fight this animal," DiBella said Saturday night.

But DiBella received a call from Martinez on Monday, and he told the promoter he wanted a match with Golovkin when he's able.

"Sergio called me and said, 'I have never ducked anyone in my career and I'm not going to duck anyone now,' " DiBella said.

DiBella said Martinez is expected to be prepared in the first half of 2014, though there is nothing firm. DiBella said he wouldn't guarantee that he'd make Golovkin the first opponent upon Martinez's return.

At least Martinez, though, is willing to take on all comers.

Motherfuckin' G.

Shame he'll get sparked, though.