Micky Arteta

The New Diaby

I will hold my hands up and admit I've been a big skeptical support of Arteta but his performances against Tottenham and Liverpool today has turned me into a fan.

You have to give him credit, took about 4 months to settle into the style but he's really moving the ball well, using his body to manipulate angles for a pass and has been a great physical presence and endurance for us.

Looks really like a boss at the minute and I wish him all the best on his recovery today.

What are your thoughts on Micky?

Arteta really should have been signed 2-3 years ago, he would have fitted in well with the Cesc Arsenal team.

My issue with Arteta is he never passes forward and Ramsey doesn't have the vision.

In this Arsenal team where the second threat (after RvP) is really Walcott and pace, Arteta's three touch dwelling and then sideway or often backwards passing is hard to appreciate at times.

Also his set-pieces, smh.

"I have suffered the biggest fear of my life," Arteta told Radio Marca.

"I only remember the fall by the blow and nothing after. It was terrifying but now I am better.

"Sincerely, I do not remember too much apart from the impact. I have heard people applauded me as I left the field and I am grateful for this reception."

"I want to be available for this Tuesday against Milan," he added.

A message of thanks from Mikel Arteta

"I just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their help and friendship towards me on Saturday.

"After my accident on the pitch, the Arsenal medical staff did a great job, together with everyone at Liverpool Football Club.

"From Anfield, I was taken straight to the Aintree University Hospital, where they checked me, just as a precaution.

"Everything was fine and I was able to travel from the hospital and join up with my team-mates for the train journey back to London.

"I've since looked back at the TV images of when I was being taken off and just want to show my appreciation to the Liverpool fans at Anfield. It is touching to receive that response from the fans of a great club when I am leaving the pitch injured. Thank you.

"I also want to thank Pepe Reina and the Liverpool players who have sent me messages of support and friendship, this again is really touching and just shows class from a great football club.

"And very importantly, a message to all the fantastic Arsenal fans, not only all those at Anfield on Saturday who were brilliant, but also those who have sent me many messages since Saturday. It is hugely appreciated. I cannot tell you how much this means to me.

"It must have looked very serious to everyone as I left the pitch on a stretcher, but I'm pleased to say that I'm fine now and hope to be back on the pitch very soon.

"Thank you everyone."

Mikel Arteta

• 1 month later...