17-year-old hunted down for straying into path of thugs

http://www.thisislon...ATES/w460/Kwame

1 of 1

Horror: Kwame was seen groaning before collapsing on the pavement

Teenagers

• South London
    Justin Davenport Simon Freeman
    05 March 2012
    A budding actor and talented footballer who “detested” gang crime was hunted down and killed by two youths in a random attack.
    Kwame Ofosu-Asare, 17, son of a prominent TV sports presenter, was chased and stabbed to death in Brixton, the first time he had visited the area. Police described him as a “totally innocent” victim of an assault by two black youths. His father Kwaku today hit out at London’s “gangland madness”, saying: “He was the captain of his school football team, he was a very good actor. He went to church every week and wanted to get into music in the future. He had so much ambition and so much to live for. He detested gang crime.”
    Kwame, an A-level student from Catford, had recently received advice from Rio Ferdinand and posted a photo of himself posing with the star on Facebook.
    His father said he and a friend were going to a music studio to record a rap track when they were attacked on Friday. He said: “I last saw him at around 2pm. I was on the phone and he came in on his way from school and he said, ‘See you later dad’. It was so normal.”
    Kwame was studying A-levels including business studies at Forest Hill School.
    New figures show another surge in knife crime in London with the number of offences rising by more than nine per cent in the past 12 months. Serious youth violence is also up by five per cent.
    Mr Ofosu-Asare, a Ghanaian TV sports reporter who worked on the Africa Cup for CNN, spoke out as two other teenagers were stabbed in London and were fighting for their lives in hospital today.
    Detectives are also examining whether Kwame’s murder is linked to seven other stabbings within a few miles of each other in eight days, including an attack on the top deck of a 432 bus in West Norwood which left a 17-year-old boy critically injured four hours earlier.
    Kwame and an unnamed friend had been to the recording studio and were on their way to visit a relative when they were walking through the Moorlands estate shortly before 6pm on Friday.
    Witnesses describe how two hooded youths — who had “an air of menace” — approached them. They were chased into Adelaide Close. While his friend escaped after vaulting an 8ft fence, Kwame was repeatedly stabbed. He died on the way to hospital.
    A witness described how he saw Kwame crouched in the street groaning before collapsing onto the pavement. He said: “He was lying face down on the floor with his arms by his side. He looked so young.” Detectives believe the pair may have been targeted, either in revenge for the bus stabbing or because they strayed onto a gang’s territory.
    Mr Ofosu-Asare added: “We just need to hear from anyone who saw or heard anything that will help bring his killers to justice.”
    Last night more than 20 friends and relatives gathered at Kwame’s family home.
    Streatham MP Chuka Umunna said: “Yet again we see very serious violence and, tragically in one case, a fatality, amongst our young people for no purpose whatsoever — it is totally unacceptable and we will not put up with it.”
    He said youth workers had told him that gang tensions were high in south London and they and the police had been expecting trouble.
    Detective Chief Inspector John McFarlane appealed for anyone who saw two youths in the area or in Coldharbour Lane on Friday evening to contact them on 020 8721 4205 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
hmm
RIP same way

callous cowards.

Capital punishment is needed for these f*ckin animals.

An eye for a eye.

I agree but not because of eye for an eye; to send a message.

I have to wonder though about the mentality behind the guys who also threw their own lives away by doing this. Did they see their future as bleak and empty? How does someone not care about life enough to risk losing it over a random act of inhumane violence?

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Thing is you never know the whole story with these attacks

I'm sure if I died my mum would be crying about how lovely I am but she don't really know me or what I get up to tbh

Heard a version of what happened with that ben kinsela kid and I was told it was a revenge attack for him slashing a next guy...but obviously his best mates mum was in birds of a feather and sister was a fly by character in eastenders so he couldn't possibly have been a bad guy that brought his attack on himself or anything.

• Upvote 1

Guest chap44uns

I'm sure if I died my mum would be crying about how lovely I am but she don't really know me or what I get up to tbh

Heard a version of what happened with that ben kinsela kid and I was told it was a revenge attack for him slashing a next guy...but obviously his best mates mum was in birds of a feather and sister was a fly by character in eastenders so he couldn't possibly have been a bad guy that brought his attack on himself or anything.

ben.jpg

but bruv .. . .

just look at him who is he slashing?

Guest petercrotch

ben.jpg

but bruv .. . .

I have heard different events of what took place that night and the most common story i have heard is that ben glassed one of the guys

ben.jpg

but bruv .. . .

Judging what someone is capable by looks is one of the biggest mistakes you can make on the roads

So because he is white and there is picture taken of him at a football stadium trip he has to be moist

What if there was another pic with him in a black with 15 man holding a pit in a tracksuit would that automatically make him capable of being ''greeze''

Cmon man

• Upvote 2

prob didnt mean to kill him

how thick would you have to be to not foresee that repeatedly plunging a knife into sombody's body would likely have fatal consequences.

I know how stupid this might sound to you and everyone else

But yes

This does happen, people get repeatedly stabbed daily and are out of hospital in couple hours, you hear the odd murder story every couple of weeks, so obviously these kids are growing up stabbing people are they are not dying so some become desensitized and just see stabbing as a mere form of attack like punching and slapping, so when they are poking someone 4/5 times they are not even living in the real world we are, they dont expect them to die, they expect them to be fine like the last 10 people they stabbed

Theres people out there who have stabbed 30/40 people and not caught one body, sometimes it comes down to luck and others just down to technique tbh

I am not defending or condoning this at all btw, just giving the other side as some of you don't seem aware of how some of these people growing up now think

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

ben.jpg

but bruv .. . .

Judging what someone is capable by looks is one of the biggest mistakes you can make on the roads

So because he is white and there is picture taken of him at a football stadium trip he has to be moist

What if there was another pic with him in a black with 15 man holding a pit in a tracksuit would that automatically make him capable of being ''greeze''

Cmon man

it would be eiiiiiiish