Lukas Podolski

TF S4DK

Germany coach Joachim Low has backed Podolski to be a success in England.

He said: ‘Four or five years ago I would have told Lukas that it was better for him to stay in Germany. Today the situation is different. Lukas has become more mature, he can take the step abroad now more easily.’

IMO Podolski plays too similar to Rvp for them to be playing together. This suggests to me RVP gone. Who knows though. Football is mad.

Podolski will join as the replacement for Chamakh, Bendtner & Park. However over the summer that could become RvP's.

Basically Wenger is ensuring himself should the board sell RvP ala Nasri, and if not RvP can be rested and rotated. Plus again we lose Gervinho in January 2013.

This.

However, if RVP leaves I see Theo moving up front, rather than another striker of RVP's calibre coming in. I see more back up strikers being purchased tho. There is no way Wenger can continue to give any of the current ones we have another season. Seeing them come off the bench when chasing another goal against Milan made me switch off the TV. Joke ting.

Lukas Podolski marked news of his imminent move to Arsenal by getting sent off after aiming a headbutt at an opponent during an ill-tempered match with Hertha Berlin.

The Cologne striker was handed his marching orders during the 1-0 win in a game which saw three players sent off.

Arsene Wenger's side agreed a £10.9m deal with Cologne for the German international and the striker looks set to put pen to paper on a four-year contract at the Emirates worth £100,000-a-week.

article-2113219-121C28A3000005DC-700_468x366.jpg

article-2113246-121C1F16000005DC-217_468x346.jpg

• Upvote 3

Koln striker Lukas Podolski has played down suggestions he has agreed to join Arsenal in the summer.

Reports on Wednesday had claimed the 26-year-old was on his way to the Emirates Stadium after a fee and personal terms had been successfully negotiated, but the forward insists such a move is not yet complete after choosing to clarify his position.

"Contrary to reports from the past few days, nothing has been decided yet," Podolski told LIGA Total!. "If there is something to report, then I'll do it."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3275/bundesliga/2012/03/10/2959245/podolski-and-finke-deny-agreement-with-arsenal

Lukas Podolski's summer switch to Arsenal may not be a done deal after all, after he talked up a potential move to Lazio.

The Germany striker is thought to have already agreed a £10.9million move to the Gunners from current side Cologne.

But the 26-year-old now says he has not ruled out joining Germany team-mate Miroslav Klose at Rome side Lazio.

"It would be great to play alongside him again. Miro has spoken well of Lazio and he’s happy in Rome," Podolski told Italian paper Corriere dello Sport.