Tomas Rosicky signs new contract at Arsenal

TF S4DK

gun__1330332387_spurs52_3.jpg

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to confirm that Tomas Rosicky has signed a new contract with the Club.

The Czech Republic captain has committed his future to Arsenal, during a time when he is enjoying a great run of form, which has seen him score twice in the last three games, against Tottenham Hotspur and AC Milan.

Rosicky joined Arsenal in May 2006 from Borussia Dortmund and has featured 156 times for Arsène Wenger’s side since then, scoring 19 goals. In his 28 appearances so far this season, Rosicky has been a key fixture in the heart of the Gunners’ midfield.

On the international stage, the 31 year-old has played 85 times for the Czech Republic, representing his country at the European Championships in 2000 and 2004. He also featured in the 2006 World Cup, taking over the captain’s armband the same year.

Commenting on his new deal, Tomas said: “It's a great honour to sign a new deal with Arsenal, I love the Club and am proud to wear the Arsenal shirt. It's felt like home since I arrived six years ago and I couldn't be happier to commit my future to the team.

"The manager, my team-mates, the staff and the supporters - everyone plays their part in making this a great Club, and I feel privileged to be a part of it. I believe we have a really talented group of players and, together with the manager, the future looks bright. It's always been my goal to win trophies here at Arsenal, and I will fight hard to achieve my dreams here."

Manager Arsène Wenger added: “I’ve always been a big admirer of Tomas’ abilities and am delighted he’s chosen to commit his future to the Club. I believe he is an exceptional player, a natural footballer who is technically top class.

"He plays the style of football we champion here and shares completely our philosophy. He is always ready to work for the sake of the Club, always willing to put the team first. I have huge respect for him.”

Everyone at the Club looks forward to Tomas’ continued contribution in the coming seasons.

• Upvote 1

]Tomas Rosicky says a regular run in the side is the secret to his outstanding recent form.

The Czech international has been one of Arsenal's stand-out performers since the turn of the year and was influential again as Arsène Wenger's side came from behind to beat Newcastle on Monday.

Rosicky signed a new contract ahead of that match and he was delighted to pledge his future to the Club.

“I am very happy,” he told Arsenal Player. “I wanted to continue here and I am enjoying it very much so I am glad that I am staying.

“I am trying my best and enjoying the run of games that I am playing. Sometimes in the past it has been difficult when you play once in two weeks, sometimes it is not easy.

“You can see now that I have the rhythm of the games and that is what I needed. As you can see I think I am contributing well and I want to continue like that.

“My fitness is obviously a big thing too; the first step is obviously to play football. I have got that right now, I had the chance and I took it. Obviously I would like to stay in the team and playing like I am right now.”