RIP GAME

MF Cunt

This means that Gamestation goes down as well ffs.

But this was all about bad management how can you have multiple game stores that you own within 5 mins of each other. I remember seeing a GS,then walking round the corner and seeing a Game store then going Borders and seeing the mini Game store they had set up in some of those as well.

No way that can maintain especially when you plan for most of your profit to come in over Christmas.

Only good thing to come from this is maybe the independent game stores will rise again.

• Upvote 2

they were even tight on playing games inside, disabled all the 2nd control pads (so why put them there in the ist place???)

the only possible draw that shop had was the fact u could play games in it and it barely ever had that sh*t working, they could've pushed the business a lot harder, had instore games tournos, used their high street image to push an online market but they were lazy cunts and tbh they got no one to blame but themselves.

Would've been sick if they had game tournos.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't necessarily mean gamestation is gona go aswell.

The more chains that close down the better I hope in 20 years the country will have more independents n retail will be back to the good ol personal days.

Not gona happen easily when city centre business rates are goin thru the roof and everywheres being redesigned to fit bigger badder shops tho.

I remain optimistic

CEX also do alot of brand new games but have to sell them at 2nd hand prices. I got brand new Arkham City for £25 I think

Yeah basically they have set prices and can't alter them. So if a brand new copy of a game selling for £4 was bought by them, they'd still have to sell it for £4. Used to know somebody who worked at the Stratford Branch.

• Upvote 1

A shame tbh, mixture of greed, supermarkets and online only companies. Lack of overheads means companys like shopto can sell new games for around £35, Supermarkets are so big the can sell for £25 or even cheaper if you buy your shopping etc, but Game were selling at £45 for new games, swear I saw some £49.99 aswell madness. c/s the feeling of going shop and buying a new game but then it was like I can pre/order, pay less, maybe get the game early, and it will be in my yard when I wake up in the morning. They should just go online/delivery only, they got the name and following/rep.

Guest petercrotch

British highstreets are not in decline to be honest . Atleast not in london or essex . I've got my own shop and believe me when i say no gas . i sell £15000 worth of goods a week .

Look at all these corner shops you see . How do you think mr patel can afford to employ his three daughers,two sons and his wife .

Same with mr mehmet and mr kazim .

Game are just one of the few that have fucked themselves over

British highstreets are not in decline to be honest . Atleast not in london or essex . I've got my own shop and believe me when i say no gas . i sell £15000 worth of goods a week .

Look at all these corner shops you see . How do you think mr patel can afford to employ his three daughers,two sons and his wife .

Game are just one of the few that have f*cked themselves over

maybe not in london and essex mate but the rest of the country is in pain

british highstreet has been in decline for over 10 years

especially in the old manufacturing cities

u southern lads still earnin off that slave pee

if you don't mind me asking what type of goods you into?

i'm not taking the piss or tryna catch u out i'm genuinely interested

sh*t like clothes is alot different to other markets

• Upvote 1

Guest petercrotch

Multi sports shop slash fitness store .

boxing equipment , Weights equipment , protein shakes , footballs , nikey trainers . sell it all

Guest petercrotch

Is the rest of the country really that bad ?

if u own an independent shop on a high street then yeah

15 years ago all u really had was the high street

now there's 1000 times more competition from online to begin with, then you've got retail parks that are croppin up everywhere, supermarkets are also now selling almost everything for cheaper than you can even got hold of it and to top it off the younger generation literally jus doesn't give a f*ck about little shops and if anything are put off even steppin inside them, its all about branding and international chains are everywhere where you can avoid any real human interaction as a bonus

and the obvious recession of the past 6 years

ur shops must be quite new and in an affluent part of the country so u won't notice the difference

not to mention the fitness market has probably been on the steady up for a good 20 years

whereas somethin like a 70 year old camera shop......no chance

but yeah as u can tell from all these high-street chains closing down over the past 5 years, its hard on everyone not jus the little man

but on the plus side its never been easier to make money online, jus gota keep with the times

• Upvote 1

lol@ london high streets not suffering. talking absolute cack

up and down every ends there's "to let" "for sale" signs up and down the gaff

maybe what you should say is that the high street is dynamic, cos as one closes another one opens in its place

but many are still closing. and half the time the ones taking up the new vacant shops are either some frigging chicken and chips

oriental / ethnic foodstore, betting shop, or those Rats Tesco express, subway or a 99p shop.

thats not dynamism imo still.

Justin i have f*cked more girls than you i am confident of that & will continue to u f*ck*ng neek

/

Thorntons the chocolate store just closed on my high street AND i seen another closing down sale sign in north few weeks ago

very good deals though... Got reduced from £20 to £5. or plenty bogofs