Coming over here . Wearing all their veils

Guest petercrotch

Got a lil bit curious so I googled quickly

got this..

Hijab is an Arabic word meaning barrier or partition.

In Islam, however, it has a broader meaning. It is the principle of modesty and includes behaviour as well as dress for both males and females.

The most visible form of hijab is the head covering that many Muslim women wear. Hijab however goes beyond the head scarf. In one popular school of Islamic thought, hijab refers to the complete covering of everything except the hands, face and feet in long, loose and non see-through garments. A woman who wears hijab is called Muhaajaba.

Muslim women are required to observe the hijab in front of any man they could theoretically marry. This means that hijab is not obligatory in front of the father, brothers, grandfathers, uncles or young children.

Hijab does not need to be worn in front of other Muslim women, but there is debate about what can be revealed to non-Muslim women.

Modesty rules are open to a wide range of interpretations. Some Muslim women wear full-body garments that only expose their eyes. Some cover every part of the body except their face and hands. Some believe only their hair or their cleavage is compulsory to hide, and others do not observe any special dress rules.

In the English speaking world, use of the word hijab has become limited to mean the covering on the head of Muslim woman. However, this is more accurately called a khimaar. The khimaar is a convenient solution comprising usually one, but sometimes two pieces of cloth, enabling Muslim women to cover their hair, ears and neck while outside the home.

Hijab, in the sense of veiling, can also be achieved by hanging a curtain or placing a screen between women and men to allow them to speak to each other without changing dress. This was more common in the early days of Islam, for the wives of the Prophet Muhammad.

religion >>>>>

that is all from me.

• Upvote 1

How many nuns cover their face?

This is a bullshit argument and of course they are oppressed women.

Did i or did i not say niqab is not compulsory?

Here we have a prime example, south american christian stating "...course they are oppressed", since when have u been the voice of muslim women? have u even ever spoken to a woman who wears niqab?

I already said i personally dont like niqab, but ur talking shit.

For those who said it seems oppressive, how does it seem like that?

What is the reason given for why women in some cultures must dress like this?

together1.jpg

covering body and hair was pretty normal in all the major religions at one point, the niqab is not compulsory.

Nobody has a problem with them ones though

you can see the whole face = no issues

the ones people have a problem with are the ninja ones where you can just see the eyes

or some of them have some next thing over the eyes too, so you can't see anything at all and they wear gloves lol

it's dumb

Why would u have a problem with it?

How is it affecting you?

time_domb you're playing devil's advocate mate.

Either that or you're socially retarded.

Also, lol @ trying to say most of these women dress like this because they like it..

not socially retarted, ive just actually spoken to women who wear niqab and not made assumptions cos im ignorant.

aint gonna lie ...theirs this guy that teaches the muslim yewts the quran two doors down...one time i came out my house and their was a whip parked outside and it was kinda dark...come out and thought i was slipping because their faces was coverd...came closer and realised it was two muslim women just waiting on their kid to come out the place.

You can just ban people from wearing clothes, that's silly

However, if you want to be employed as a primary school teacher or whatever then you'll just have to expose your face cuz it's not about having small children be taught phonetics by someone whose mouth is covered up tbh

I don't see how you can love your wife and make her cover herself head to toe in a black veil on a Summers day, it's f*ck*ng stupid

• Upvote 2

Guest chap44uns

Got a lil bit curious so I googled quickly

got this..

Hijab is an Arabic word  barrier or partition.

In Islam, however, it has a broader meaning. It is the principle of modesty and includes behaviour as well as dress for both males and females.

The most visible form of hijab is the head covering that many Muslim wear. Hijab however goes beyond the head . In one popular school of Islamic thought, hijab refers to the complete covering of everything except the hands, face and feet in long, loose and non see-through garments. A woman who wears hijab is called Muhaajaba.

Muslim women are required to observe the hijab in front of any man they could theoretically marry. This means that hijab is not obligatory in front of the father, brothers, grandfathers, uncles or young children.

Hijab does not need to be worn in front of other Muslim women, but there is debate about what can be revealed to non-Muslim women.

Modesty rules are open to a wide range of interpretations. Some Muslim women wear full-body garments that only expose their eyes. Some cover every part of the body except their face and hands. Some believe only their hair or their cleavage is compulsory to hide, and others do not observe any special dress rules.

In the English speaking world, use of the word hijab has become limited to mean the covering on the head of Muslim woman. However, this is more accurately called a khimaar. The khimaar is a convenient solution comprising usually one, but sometimes two pieces of cloth, enabling Muslim women to cover their hair, ears and neck while outside the home.

Hijab, in the sense of veiling, can also be achieved by hanging a curtain or placing a screen between women and men to allow them to speak to each other without changing dress. This was more common in the early days of Islam, for the wives of the Prophet Muhammad.

religion >>>>>

that is all from me.

pmsl oh didnt you know in islam your allowed to have 4 wives?/why isit that the woman only has to cover up didnt God make everyone equal?wouldn't a woman get the same sexual urge by looking at a man thats not covered?

Guest petercrotch

Just to play devils advocate those saying they should go back to their own coutry what if they were born here ? and what if muslim women actually wanted to wear them?

• Downvote 1

:lol: :lol:

dons are saying this doesn't have an impact on body language when interacting with a human being face to face.

two twos naaaaa

What are you saying they should have transparent headgear then?

Why?

I thought you said that

Children can recognise faces based on the external contours from around the age of 6 months

Why transparent? Covering up your face should be caj

mate. there are no external facial contours on display, just a bipedal shape under a sheet.

mine own sister could walk past me on the street in the clobber in the op and i wouldn't clock her.

Please, I will give you a link to read.

This is Pascalis (1995) and a quote from the abstract of his test

Previous experimenters have found that 4-day-old neonates look longer at their mother's face[ than at a stranger's ]face We have replicated this finding under conditions where the infants are only provided with visual information on identity, with all the usual stimuli associated with the presence of the mother's []face absent. The structure responsible for this cannot be equated with Conspec, the innate structure underlying face preference in neonates (Johnson & Morton, 1991). In a second experiment, we show that infants do not discriminate mother from stranger when both women are wearing head scarves. This indicates that, unlike older infants (de Schonen, Gil de Diaz, & Mathivet, 1986; de Schonen & Mathivet, 1990), neonates acquire a representation of their mother's face in which the hair line and outer contour have an integral part. This suggests that the system responsible for the neonates' performance is not the same as the one at work in older infants.

Could a Hijab be defined as a headscarf?

Yes, I'd assume so.

• Downvote 2