Drift

Guest petercrotch

oh boo hoo hoo

Who cares

Is anything ever going to change ? NO

Will this sort of thing happen again ? YES

If only people listen to pete .

White mans world remember that

You're the same guy who was spouting THE MOST sh*t in the riot topic so please just stop

Spouting the most shit in the riot ?

Anyone who rioted is a d*ckHEAD and i will stand by that .

Thats the difference im not dumb like the masses .

These idiots basically went jail for like a bill

think he was provoked into saying don't hide behind ur colour, but still no excuse for usin the word nigger

how was he provoked? the boy wanted him to reiterate his statement as he had already called him a nigger and he was seeking clarification

then the officer made a very lame attempt to try and throw it back at him by saying dont hide behind his color.

anyone listening to the tape without the headline wouldnt have known whether the boy was black or green until HE pointed it out in the most extreme way

then says the guy is hiding behind his color?

• Upvote 2

well it seems to be edited so we cant be sure of what was said before. But "don't hide behind your colour" is a reactionary statement, not something you'd bring up randomly, so based on that i'd assume the arrested dude mentioned something about race that led the racist slur.

Like I said, i think, andno one can be sure unless they have the whole recording. Again, i am not defending the fed, he's still a d*ck for calling him a nigger.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

well it seems to be edited so we cant be sure of what was said before. But "don't hide behind your colour" is a reactionary statement, not something you'd bring up randomly, so based on that i'd assume the arrested dude mentioned something about race that led the racist slur.

Like I said, i think, andno one can be sure unless they have the whole recording. Again, i am not defending the fed, he's still a d*ck for calling him a nigger.

smh

u can shake ur head, but thats not answering why the fed would say something as random as dont hide behind ur colour.

What ur doing now is the same as someone who laughs at a joke they dont understand

until we hear the full tape everyone here is making assumptions.

dunno why people are going on like i'm saying the fed is innocent. I'm just asking why did he say dont hide behind your colour.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

To spell it out for people who are smh'in, um'in and arr'in

Don't hide behind your colour is effectively same as saying don't play the race card.

When do people say "stop playing the race card"? After what sort of comment is that said? I'll let you work that one out and keep it in your heads.

These comments regarding race are convenientlyimmediately after a chunk of the recording has been edited out. why does no one one to accept this point?

People are taking these extracts from the media as gospel, as if a. they are not tryna sell a story & b. have not had a history of biasedly presenting information.

And a few weeks we'll have another thread about how the media have been dishonest, lied or something to that effect. You'll get majority of people saying, "yea, media are scum" and hipsters sayin "Yea been tryna convert to indymedia cos its cool bro etc"

Some of you guys are as fickle as the wind, only accept stories when they fit your predispositions instead of actually tryna analyse what's there.

• Downvote 5

he called him a nigger in the first instance. before that, did you hear the guy 'play a race card'?

you're taking the same extracts as gospel too

That's the whole point i'm making pal. Where the fed says the nigger line, the part before that has been edited out. So you nor I have any idea of what has led up to him making such an extreme statement.

But what makes sense. What is actually a logical explanation where both phrases used by the fed "the problem is, you'll always be a nigger" & "stop hiding behind being black" actually would be coherent and fully make sense?

Why it's important as to what was edited out is because it puts those phrases into context, which the media is already heavily criticised for. From the edited out part, we can ascertain the extent of the racism. For instance, i'm not saying this is definitely what was said, but the arrested might have said "you stopped me because i'm a nigger" or something to that effect. Or he may have just said "What's the problem?". The difference between the two is that of either the fed just playing on the victim's persecution complex or him being flamboyantly racist.

I don't know what was said, but If I were a betting man, i'd say its the first option...because it means both sentences that the fed actually make sense.

/

Where did i say what i'm saying is correct. scroll back...a little further. There it is, first two posts i express that I think, not that i know. I'm merely saying don't accept what you're fed by the media so easily just because it fits with your predispositions.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

lol, ur only willing to look at one side of the argument, so ur just showing ur ignorance. I created two scenarios, one supporting my argument, one supporting urs. I'm not trying to say what I said is definite.

But i supposed this is to be expected, I didnt expect urself or Raegus to even be willing to look at other possibilities being the forum's resident black panther members and all.

From time you're ignoring the importance of context you're argument is pie

who's raegus? what have i got to do with black panthers?

why are you creating scenarios? whats wrong with the one you heard.

going by your scenario, if the guy said "you arrested me because im a nigger", why didnt he reply "no i arrested you because you________ (enter whatever offence he committed) or even repeat the insult, "no i arrested you cos you're a c*nt".

whatever scenario you attempt to create, the statement made by the fed was not out of context. There couldn't have been any discussion going on to say to fit into what he said.

Even if my friend's said that to me or you in whatever context you try and claim, it would have still carried the same weight in this context, i.e. to insult. and the last i heard someone can go to jail, or at least lose his job for that.

whatever scenario you attempt to create, the statement made by the fed was not out of context. There couldn't have been any rational discussion going on to say to fit into what he said.

what i was saying is that you and the other user raegus are always blindly pro black

I'm creating scenarios because the full story was not presented, only giving us part of the picture.

The preference of reply to that scenario is irrelevant, because it's just that, his preference how he chose to respond.

I never said he was justified using the word nigger, or that there shouldnt be disciplinary. All I have been sayin is that somewhere, there may have been the possibility that the arrested dude nudged the fed into saying what he said. Because there is no other way "stop hiding behind your colour makes sense" to randomly come out with.

awaits zizouz's cheerleading...

• Downvote 1

Guest petercrotch

To spell it out for people who are smh'in, um'in and arr'in

Don't hide behind your colour is effectively same as saying don't play the race card.

When do people say "stop playing the race card"? After what sort of comment is that said? I'll let you work that one out and keep it in your heads.

These comments regarding race are convenientlyimmediately after a chunk of the recording has been edited out. why does no one one to accept this point?

People are taking these extracts from the media as gospel, as if a. they are not tryna sell a story & b. have not had a history of biasedly presenting information.

And a few weeks we'll have another thread about how the media have been dishonest, lied or something to that effect. You'll get majority of people saying, "yea, media are scum" and hipsters sayin "Yea been tryna convert to indymedia cos its cool bro etc"

Some of you guys are as fickle as the wind, only accept stories when they fit your predispositions instead of actually tryna analyse what's there.

I have never ever heard a black person in my whole life play this imaginary race card you speak of .

I have however heard black people who have been RACIALLY ABUSED by white people be accused of playing the race card when they have CLEARY been racially abused .