What countries can you go to and do degree's for cheap??

EnglishBadboy

Well if you can't find a suitable country I'd advice just doing the degree here as opposed to not doing it at all.

Who knows what restrictions will be placed on higher education in the coming years. Upper class needs their army of minimum wagers to help the economy.

I dropped out of uni a few years ago and the fee's went up the very next year, i was stupid at the time, i thought i'll do ok without a degree, i'll get a full time job and it will all be alright

3 years on and it ain't going nowhere, no chances for promotion, no job security (couple people got made redundant last week, been working for the company 10-12 years)

i've been trying different jobs, but 100+ applicants for each one.... no chance

so now it's either do a degree or get myself onto an apprenticeship before i'm too old (turning 21 in July)

• Upvote 1

I dropped out of uni a few years ago and the fee's went up the very next year, i was stupid at the time, i thought i'll do ok without a degree, i'll get a full time job and it will all be alright

3 years on and it ain't going nowhere, no chances for promotion, no job security (couple people got made redundant last week, been working for the company 10-12 years)

i've been trying different jobs, but 100+ applicants for each one.... no chance

so now it's either do a degree or get myself onto an apprenticeship before i'm too old (turning 21 in July)

How many years did you do at Uni?

3 weeks lol

course wasn't for me, got out before it was too late

no point dragging it on when you know that it's not for you

that was computer engineering, it was nothing like they made out, i enjoy the physical side of building computers, etc but the course was mostly about coding an maths

since then i have worked many jobs, i've had jobs that i enjoyed.. but enjoying a job means nothing right now, it's all about the money

if i was to do a degree now, i would do something like Criminology and then get into youth work as i have plenty of contacts in that area who would help, i enjoy helping people like that, even though i am a d*ckhead, man stood chatting to a crackhead for half an hour one time lol, undercover feds were watching from across the road as if i was moving food lol

do an apprenticeship if you aint go the P..... going abroad would be the same money if you count other expenses

or do the degree part time

3 weeks lol

that was computer engineering, it was nothing like they made out, i enjoy the physical side of building computers, etc but the course was mostly about coding an maths

since then i have worked many jobs, i've had jobs that i enjoyed.. but enjoying a job means nothing right now, it's all about the money

if i was to do a degree now, i would do something like Criminology and then get into youth work as i have plenty of contacts in that area who would help, i enjoy helping people like that, even though i am a d*ckhead, man stood chatting to a crackhead for half an hour one time lol, undercover feds were watching from across the road as if i was moving food lol

Did you actually drop out or did you keep getting paid by them and say nada?

And from what I can tell SLC will pay you for your whole course, so definitely worth doing even with the increase in fees.

SLC= Student Loans Company.

If you went to another country to do a degree they may have a International Student fee which is more than the national rate. International students pay something like £9k a year already here.

If you do a degree do it in something A) that will get you to where you want to go i.e Physio degree so you can become a Physiotherapist or b.) Something you are interested in so learning about that subject will be enjoyable.

Don't do a degree just for the sake of it.

Earlier today, i applied with a company to become an installation engineer, installing alarms, CCTV and stuff like that

my application was 10/10

just been reading through it again and there's nothing i would change, it was emotional lol

i just hope they manage to read it

the closing date is tomorrow so i hope they don't decide to ignore last minute applications

Scottish people go for free in Scotland dont they?

how do they sort out eligibility for that? do you have to have been born there or just live there?

No they don't!

Once Independence is gained It will be a case of you having to be born there to gain free education and any other benefits which are put in place. Much similar to Norway and how they invested the money made from the Oil Industry was giving the countries Children a free education which is what is being proposed if they gain Independence.

how do they sort out eligibility for that? do you have to have been born there or just live there?

No they don't!

Once Independence is gained It will be a case of you having to be born there to gain free education and any other benefits which are put in place. Much similar to Norway and how they invested the money made from the Oil Industry was giving the countries Children a free education which is what is being proposed if they gain Independence.

im confused, do Scottish people get free uni education in Scotland or not?

No they don't!

You didn't answer the question.

3 weeks lol

dnt blame u, im doing computing an business, ders bare ppl in my class who transferred from computing engineering