LMFAO@ African-Americans

i_Break_Ankles

I been hearing about this celebration called Kwanzaa for years. It's supposed to be some Afro-American celebration of them ''getting in touch with their roots''. But nobody knows it in Africa.Its just a fraudulent celebration. I might as well make up my own celebration lolAnyone else know anything about this Kwanzaa?

why are u laughin at it? it wasnt pushed as an african event. but to celebrate their african heritage. same way in brasil..there are similar events which attempt to keep in touch with african roots.
Nah but Brazil is different. This guy just made up this tradition and one of the reasons was because Christianity and Christmas is ''white''.But from what I hear in Brazil, the Black people's culture actually reflects on where they come from (Mostly Angola, Mozambique, or in Bahia's case, Nigeria).These African Americans get in touch with their 'African roots' by wearing f*cking Tiger skin for goodness sake. It's these same African Americans that have no idea about what Africa is really like.Someone asked my uncle ''DO YOU KNOW TARZAN?'' :? :shock: nuff said biggrin.gif

LMAO@ do you know trazanHe should have said I used to link Jane still and the Elephant was my bredrin from primary skool days
LOL! Most americans are ignorant to anything other than the US or even worse the state they live in, some know nothing of other states.But still this man did it for a good reason imo. Your ave folk dont go around lighting candels & such. The most anyone I know has done is give Kwanzaa xmas cards.

nothing pisses me off more than them summing up the whole 40+ countries into just "you going to africa..or ur from africa... oh hes african.
U kno?!I dred getting into a conversation with an Afro-American when shopping there because it always starts with ''where can I find this shoe in size 13?'' to ''What, have you even been to Africa''? biggrin.gif

jus some any stupid christmas substitutedem pan-africanist type blacks are odd with there random african word droppin selves:"tan-dai-mwari my bredrin"hetempu!hotephoogaboogathey dnt even kno what countries these words come from, jus sayin any old thing cos its AFRICANllow it

jus some any stupid christmas substitutedem pan-africanist type blacks are odd with there random african word droppin selves:"tan-dai-mwari my bredrin"hetempu!hotephoogaboogathey dnt even kno what countries these words come from, jus sayin any old thing cos its AFRICANllow it
:D:D:Dexcl.gif It's true though. Like Ashanti. They named their daughter a tribe :?

:D:D:Dexcl.gif It's true though. Like Ashanti. They named their daughter a tribe :?
Nothing wrong with that. They most prob thought the word was nice enough to name their daughter. Something I would have to agree with

llow calling you child masai

Anyone remember that Diff'rent Strokes episode when Willis and Arnold try and ''get in touch with their roots''?That one actually got me mad :evil:  biggrin.gif
i ain seen dat episodedifferent strokes gets me mad anyway, the way they call him dad and sh*tand the one where their aunt comes to stay an jus takes the piss an out stays her welcome, i just think if i had a yout, god forbid somefin happened to me an the dad, an my brother and sister jus let some strange old white man or any strange old character take care of him/her, regardless if hes rich, i jus dont think its on really