After Graduating

PopT

Just out of curiosity those who graduated from university, what did you do when you finished

Did you get a Job which correlates with you degree, Work experience or did you go back to retail, call centres etc

Did anyone go on to do a gap year, did you move back in with parents

Was it a financial struggle?

Had a job before I actually graduated because of the buoyancy of my sector. I moved back in with parents for 2 years and I've been in sh*t private rented for the last two.

What did everyone study at uni? Where are you based since graduating?

I did Software Engineering at uni and took a job in Oxford. Still work there now. Used to commute from my parents yard in Ealing everyday but live nearer work now

Had been kicked out so was staying elsewhere. Took 2 months to get an admin job part time. After a month became full time. Not trying to get a job in what I studied at all. Grad schemes have been here and there. Had a real bad experience with one but would still contemplate doing them.

anyone here doing IT? what the market like out der?

depends on the area you are trying to get into brah... Eg. Support, development, administration. In my sector (microsoft development) there is a shortage of skills. Which direction are you thinking of heading in?

Graduated tv new broadcasting media with media culture and going to move back to my mums yard still and just had a dead in full time jobs since finishing Uni such as debt collecting on the phone and some swag sainsburys fing so looking to hopefully work at Peter jones and get my money and sort out some bills but media is hard to get into and I dont really know what I wanna do I kinda like the idea of sales and marketing but just still in a bubble

I thought i would just walk into a shitty job after i graduated while i was deciding what i really wanted to, but it was a real struggle, the competition for shitty jobs is ridiculous....

so i started freelancing to build my portfolio and did a lengthy piece of work experience in my field which gave me a little change, and developed my skills & cv so now im working at entry level in what a graduated in, will probably look to move on for more p or a more developing role at the end of the year tho... its all about building technical skills and knowledge of the industry for me at the moment.

anyone here doing IT? what the market like out der?

depends on the area you are trying to get into brah... Eg. Support, development, administration. In my sector (microsoft development) there is a shortage of skills. Which direction are you thinking of heading in?

well i have a bit a of a interest in web development, im going to start a lil free lance business over the summer holidays, and see how far i get with that

whats microsoft development about? like ur main roles

I thought i would just walk into a shitty job after i graduated while i was deciding what i really wanted to, but it was a real struggle, the competition for shitty jobs is ridiculous....

so i started freelancing to build my portfolio and did a lengthy piece of work experience in my field which gave me a little change, and developed my skills & cv so now im working at entry level in what a graduated in, will probably look to move on for more p or a more developing role at the end of the year tho... its all about building technical skills and knowledge of the industry for me at the moment.

which field

Design

/

for you Web / IT Dons, teach yourself SEO... i came across so many vacancies that wanted SEO knowledge + one of my friends who does IT recruitment said she struggles to fill the SEO roles because there is such a high demand for it ATM but very few people who are experts in it.