Is this site now just a play thing for a small group of people?

Illusion

This is supposed to be genuine criticism, not hate.

1. Less established users get treated like shyte by certain aspects of the moderation and management teams:

http://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/71891-name-change-please/

JDC asks for a name change. Gets air and slightly cussed. In the same topic, some other, more established user asks for a name change, and gets it. I could be wrong, it could be that JDC is a chief and is undeserving of it, but no one tells him / her that.

2. What are the rules on name changes?

The above points illustrates that whatever they are, they aren't consistently enforced.

3. Name changes are one of the things f*ck*ng this site up for new and less regular users.

If you only get the chance to read VIP2 a few times a week, you're going to easily loose track on who is who because of the random name changes that happen. This will obviously make it harder for new users to get into the site and start using it and build relationships with certain people. E.g. I know that Thun posts a lot of conspiracy based stuff that I think is total bollocks. But if he changes his name to something else, I suddenly think that VIP2 is overrun with nutcase conspiracy theorists.

4. What is the job of a moderator?

Back in the day I pm'd a mod about possibly advertising one of my sites on here and got air. I was trying to do things above board and not basically not spam the forum. I've got to say this was one of the contributors that resulted me taking a 2 year hiatus from this forum. I basically didn't feel part of the club. More recently I pm'd a mod asking about how I could get access to one of the restricted boards on here and got air. Would have been at least good to get a response on both of these.

5. Who are the mods and how should people direct questions at VIP2s management?

Seeing as I've only directed questions at the management twice and got air 100% of the time, what is the best way of asking them questions?

Sorry if it looks ranty but after browsing the forum this morning I've seen a few things that I think make it more difficult for new users. And of course you want new users to use this site and contribute to it. Like I say, it's supposed to be constructive. I think this forum could be really good if it had a few more users that were brave enough to post more content.

• Downvote 1

I used you an example. No need to get hurt.

I don't subscribe to most of the stuff you post. That's all. I do not value the sources of the information that you post as much as you do. We discuss those and the various points that we don't agree on. That's the point in an internet forum. No need to get hurt because someone doesn't agree with you.

I don't want to discuss this in here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you dont look into the stuff I post then you don't know whether it's true or not

Your making an assumption because your a lazy slob who can't be bothered to look into important matters that ain't all conspiracy based but factual but you would not know that as you live on ignorance

Go take another hiatus you moist guy because a mod ignored a pm from you

• Downvote 2

This will obviously make it harder for new users to get into the site and start using it and build relationships with certain people. E.g. I know that Thun posts a lot of conspiracy based stuff that I think is total bollocks. But if he changes his name to something else, I suddenly think that VIP2 is overrun with nutcase conspiracy theorists.

I think the topic being discussed and the views given should be more important than who the user is.

Forum tends to work better when You challenge the view rather than the individual based on Your view of that person

if Thun (Your example) posts some sense in a love and life topic, You shouldn't be thinking "it's Thun, he posts conspiracy theories". You should just read the comment and respond however You respond to that comment.

I agree with not knowing who to contact, when I need a mod I normally look for a name in blue on the online list, and it's normally the wrong person. and Mods do air me

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you dont look into the stuff I post then you don't know whether it's true or not

Your making an assumption because your a lazy slob who can't be bothered to look into important matters that ain't all conspiracy based but factual but you would not know that as you live on ignorance

Go take another hiatus you moist guy because a mod ignored a pm from you

Wow, guy is nextly hurt. As you stated you don't even know who I am. So just ignore me. Safe anyways.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This will obviously make it harder for new users to get into the site and start using it and build relationships with certain people. E.g. I know that Thun posts a lot of conspiracy based stuff that I think is total bollocks. But if he changes his name to something else, I suddenly think that VIP2 is overrun with nutcase conspiracy theorists.

I think the topic being discussed and the views given should be more important than who the user is.

Forum tends to work better when You challenge the view rather than the individual based on Your view of that person

if Thun (Your example) posts some sense in a love and life topic, You shouldn't be thinking "it's Thun, he posts conspiracy theories". You should just read the comment and respond however You respond to that comment.

I agree with not knowing who to contact, when I need a mod I normally look for a name in blue on the online list, and it's normally the wrong person. and Mods do air me

Thanks for actually contributing to the discussion (serious).

Yeah fair point on the names thing. I still don't think people should just be allowed to change them willy nilly though

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. Less established users get treated like shyte by certain aspects of the moderation and management teams:

http://www.vip2.co.u...-change-please/

JDC asks for a name change. Gets air and slightly cussed. In the same topic, some other, more established user asks for a name change, and gets it. I could be wrong, it could be that JDC is a chief and is undeserving of it, but no one tells him / her that.

Firstly, the best way of getting a name change is to PM an Admin (not a Mod). Even then, people want name changes all the time, its up to the admins whether they want to go ahead and change it. Like you mentioned in a later part of your post, it gets confusing for everyone when people decide they want to pay tribute to their favourite footballer/rapper for the week.

Also in that topic, I'm not disparaging JDC at all, he's a cool guy. We play COD online together, it was simply banter.

Back in the day I pm'd a mod about possibly advertising one of my sites on here and got air. I was trying to do things above board and not basically not spam the forum. I've got to say this was one of the contributors that resulted me taking a 2 year hiatus from this forum. I basically didn't feel part of the club. More recently I pm'd a mod asking about how I could get access to one of the restricted boards on here and got air. Would have been at least good to get a response on both of these.

Again, you should contact Admins with something like that. Moderators only "regulate" topics and rooms. You want to advertise/get access to rooms, talk to Faze/Ice/Murks.

• Upvote 2

http://www.vip2.co.u...-change-please/

Firstly, the best way of getting a name change is to PM an Admin (not a Mod). Even then, people want name changes all the time, its up to the admins whether they want to go ahead and change it. Like you mentioned in a later part of your post, it gets confusing for everyone when people decide they want to pay tribute to their favourite footballer/rapper for the week.

Also in that topic, I'm not disparaging JDC at all, he's a cool guy. We play COD online together, it was simply banter.

Again, you should contact Admins with something like that. Moderators only "regulate" topics and rooms. You want to advertise/get access to rooms, talk to Faze/Ice/Murks.

Safe for the response... Like you say it gets a bit confusing when people change all the time. I still think it should be limited.

Illusion you didnt answer my pm tho

Haven't got a PM from you brah - do you want to resend it?

90% of the people who have directly contacted me have had their various problems sorted out.

I only do name changes when people need them for various reasons or for people i know have been around from day and everyone knows there posts anyway.

/

If there are technical problems / site enquiries then you need to message swiftie directly, although hes v busy most of the time im sure he will eventually get back to you.