Ab-Soul

Meticulous

Black Lip Pastor confirmed, it will drop after Q's album Oxymoron.

Schoolboy Q was the hold up really, it was supposed to go in order of Kendrick.SchoolBoy.Ab.Jay.releasing major albums on TDE/Aftermath (Top Dawg tweeted this last year), but the success of GKMC and the longess of Q is holding it up.

Q said he had nearly finished his album in June 2012, and it was bloody September 2013 when he tweeted that he had finished it, when journalists asked him what was the hold up, he said he was tryna make a better album then kendrick and he just wasn't ready to come out, now Top Dawg is saying theirs sample issues lol

where as in that time, Ab & Rock have probably completed their albums anyway lol

and that tweet from Ab Soul was about a specific XXL article, they printed Kendrick Lamar in big letters and Black Hippy on some small sideman ish, but its tongue in cheek I think

but new Soul >>>>>

gna bang control system again today f it

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So undecided on this guy

On one hand he knocks it out the park with tracks like Double Standards and Book of Soul

But then litters his tunes with lines from other peoples shit like he's struggling to find inspiration

His voice is weak as fuck and he really needs to pick his beats carefully IMO to find the right tone

And that's another thing, his beats can be so nothing from time to time

I swear to god I'm really trying to like this guy but like Jay Electronica's sometimes irritating self the guy makes it hard

The album is called these days

other peoples lines like keef,migos,scooter etc have flooded the market and u can hear it on everyones song

someone said Finessing once upon a time and it ended up being in every rappers vocabulary with in 5-6 months. from drakes to young teflon

thats most music these days (no pun)

i have to listen to it a few times more but first few listens it had the game changer feel to it