Packaging & Marketing - Re: Eating Habits

mark_INIESTA_davies

Every time I go around the shops now I'm seeing more & more smaller sized meals with increased advertisement of the healthy contents of what you're supposedly eating.

Now, I have a question to ask but I feel that by reducing the size of the meals people have increased their food consumption & allow themselves to sub consciously eat more than they should because the meal is deemed "healthy"

Are there any instances where for example you've bought yourself a Shapers bar from Boots which has extensive calorie marketing on the front "only 80 cals" and you probably feel alright eating that bar then the next day you might pop in or the day later and buy another one only because it has 80 cals - before you know it you've eaten a mars bar and a half throughout the week.

This situation can be apply to a whole range of foods, at least when I ate a Mars bar I felt guilty knowing what was involved in that product and would be conscious of what I eat throughout the week making sure not to indulge in another one but with all this healthy eating and smaller sized products for me have increased food consumption and is actually a greater health risk on society .