Some advice please - HOUSING

Mr. Martinez

Anyone here been a similar situation, know someone that has, works in housing or for some random reason knows what to do...?

My boy's been living at his friends house for 5 months since his mum kicked him out. He's been able to support himself by working part-time random jobs.

He was given the double whammy of loosing his job and his friend not being able to put him up anymore the other day.

WTF does man do?

He's just turned 24 His mum lived in east london and his friend lives in West.

Where does he go?

no tro1ls please. real life only. safe.

He will have to find a friends couch or pay for a hostel which can be pretty cheap.

The council will do absolutely nothing for a 24 year old male unless he has special circumstances.

Tbf a 24 year old male shouldnt be living with his mum anyway, but thats a whole other discussion.

• Downvote 1

Under 24s can receive housing benefit towards a room in a shared house.

it will take at least 6 weeks to come through, i know someone who done it recently i think they get 60 per week for a room in a shared house, u have to be signing on to job seekers allowance aswell.

2bills a month pretty steep only use to give my mum £50 a month for that Keep stuff. Looking back now very good value for money

Yep hostal then Bid for a place All east London borughs use this system very effective took me 3 weeks to get my own place

it will take at least 6 weeks to come through, i know someone who done it recently i think they get 60 per week for a room in a shared house, u have to be signing on to job seekers allowance aswell.

peak don't lie?

is it backdated?

also who knows if

when they say you can only get money towards a room in shared flat, do they mean they're only going to give you 60 a week and they know thats not enough for a 1 bedroom flat on your own. Or do they try make sure it is a shared flat?

peak don't lie?

is it backdated?

also who knows if

when they say you can only get money towards a room in shared flat, do they mean they're only going to give you 60 a week and they know thats not enough for a 1 bedroom flat on your own. Or do they try make sure it is a shared flat?

yea its backdated, he'll only get 60 whether hes in shared or 1 bed flat, the conservatives put a cap on housing benefit for under 35s

peak don't lie?

is it backdated?

also who knows if

yea its backdated, he'll only get 60 whether hes in shared or 1 bed flat, the conservatives put a cap on housing benefit for under 35s

thats only if its private, if he eventually gets a council place theres no limit afaik

What how the f*ck did you do that?

They have a bid system every Friday u bid get there early housing officer don't want to wait around for people I was first there got the yard signed for before the time was viewing. Props to my cuz for that advice

somalion puff, ur so blaady annoying STFU and stop tr00ling you DID NOT APPLY FOR A COUNCIL FLAT AND GOT IT IN 3 WEEKS U SHITFACE

Bid system or not. u always have some long glorious story of utter gobshite writing chapters just shut up.

@martinez theres little your boy can do, he can get a hostel and even that it will depend on his circumstances

he can try some housing charities as well as they can help

/

lol@ something wrong with a 24yr old still living with mum. dont be silly