Some advice please - HOUSING

Mr. Martinez

ive rented since i left home round 19/20 years old, no big deal i like to move about and i intent on leaving the country pretty soon. Doubt ill get a mortgage till its wife and kids time.

THIS

allow commiting myself so early to a place ill move from anyway when its wife n kids time

nothing to explain tbh, unless you are in some crazy circumstances dont bother

just being homeless isnt enough - people saying find a hostel like theres space on standby which isnt the case

even guys in jail who leave on MAPA/HDC & have to be housed find themselves crazy mileage away from where theyre actually from due to space issues

bottom line for the topic makers friend, they will more than likely refer him to a shelter until they find a hostel for him

help him get a deposit/rent together & find somewhere private, then he needs to find some kind of employment

• Upvote 1

housing associations are much better if ur lucky enough. I was on camden council homeless list since 2007, still no joy. Contacted Circle 33 regarding housing in Febuary, by the 5th I was on the waiting list for their New Generation scheme. I signed tenancy for a double 1 bedroom in finsbury by April. They move fast and I didnt have to do the hostel ting or anything.

does the council not have to refer you to the housing association?

That article Vertigo posted is depressing.

"Shelter calculates that the annual earnings a tenant needs to make renting a flat affordable are £67,669"

what does that even mean

sounds like propaganda where can i find the original source of this information?