Benny ''I wanna get signed to a major''

Mame Biram Diouf

Benoit-Assou-Ekotto-006.jpg

When asked if regular football in Europe’s elite competition were a motivation behind a move, Assou-Ekotto told France Football:

"Yes. All players want to play in this competition. A few months ago, I said I never wanted to play in the Europa League because that competition is useless.

"I have a gentleman's agreement with the chairman. As he is a man of his word, I hope that will make things easier if a great club comes in."

While the 28-year-old admitted he would be content to remain at White Hart Lane should significant investment in the team is made, he revealed he may look to pastures new if a European giant came calling for his services.

"Everything is possible," he continued. "When I met the chairman last January he told me that, if a club bigger than Tottenham came in for me, he wouldn't necessarily be against my departure.

"If there is a change at Tottenham - some more money is made available - I wouldn't be against the idea of staying, but otherwise I'll try to move forwards, as I did when I left Lens."

Sick replacement for Patrice

Wouldn't even mind a direct swap with Evra and throw them some p

benny >>>>>>>>>>>>..

??

:lmao: :lmao:

the quote was actually more like hes happy in london and hes spoke with the chairman that if a bigger club came in for him he wouldnt stand in his way. but money is more important to him the titles.

dead journalism.

@AssouEkotto

I heard that i gonna leave the Spurs? LOL COYS

Leon Mann ‏ @Leon_Mann

Just spoke to Benoit Assou-Ekotto. He's fuming about being quoted out of context. Says he's Spurs. Doesn't want to leave.

/

Only the top three are assured of UEFA Champions League football via their Premier League placing this term, as England's fourth berth will go to Chelsea if they overcome Bayern Munich in the final of Europe's showpiece tournament on 19th May.

Assou-Ekotto said: "I want to take this opportunity to clarify some comments that have appeared in the media today.

"I am fully committed to Tottenham Hotspur and proud to represent the club any match, whatever the competition.

"I am very much enjoying my time here. It is a wonderful club with great support and I am looking forward to recovering from my injury in time for next season."