Jay-Z Endorses Bacardi's New Ultra-Luxury Cognac Called D'ussé

Marly Mar

jay-Z publicly denies any connection to Armand de Brignac because he wants to be seen as a connoisseur, a trendsetter with the sophistication to anoint a successor to Cristal. Or, as Bienvenu off­handedly explained to me: “He doesn’t want to be considered a brand ambassador or something like this.” More importantly, Jay-Z realizes that the revelation of a financial connection could endanger the authenticity of his endorsement—and jeopardize a lucrative arrangement.

The math looks extremely favorable for Jay-Z. The production cost per bottle of Armand de Brignac is about $13; the wholesale price is $225. The maximum output is 60,000 bottles per year. If Jay-Z splits the $212-per-bottle profit evenly with Cattier and Sovereign, a back-of-the-envelope calculation suggests his annual take would be a little over $4 million. One of my sources confirmed that number, and added that Jay-Z may have received equity in Sov­ereign Brands worth about $50 million. All for dropping a few lyrical references and featuring Armand de Brignac in a couple of videos.

His a snakey nigga but his hustle game is sick.

The most painful thing I took from that article is ace costs less than 10 euros a bottle to produce. Guys are gwapping STUPIDLY just because of gold bottles and sparklers. FARK

13 selling for 225?

really?

Selling a perceived image of a particular lifestyle of affluence and what-not.

Most prestige/popular items/products have this game on lock of selling you an opportunity to make believe you are something special or living that life above the next person who does not have it.

• Upvote 1

Consumerism isn't fuelled by blacks, don't believe the hype.

init, just based on population and wealth, how many blacks are splashing on these drinks really.

the investment aint worth it if its that, its that white accountant with the rick ross cd that cops

You are overestimating hip hops influence. Some of these guys don't know or care about Ross or jay. They just buy it because it's the most expensive thing on the menu or to meet their minimum spend.

Consumerism isn't fuelled by blacks, don't believe the hype.

init, just based on population and wealth, how many blacks are splashing on these drinks really.

the investment aint worth it if its that, its that white accountant with the rick ross cd that cops

You are overestimating hip hops influence. Some of these guys don't know or care about Ross or jay. They just buy it because it's the most expensive thing on the menu or to meet their minimum spend.

I think you may be underestimating the power of Hip Hop.

Sure some of these city dons might not be clued up on Ross or Jay but they will be influenced when they hit the club by people who are.

Who you think put Jay and Ross no.1 on Billboard charts, if they had to rely on black people to buy into their lifestyle they would be still in the hood.

• Upvote 2

The most painful thing I took from that article is ace costs less than 10 euros a bottle to produce. Guys are gwapping STUPIDLY just because of gold bottles and sparklers. FARK

13 selling for 225?

really?

Selling a perceived image of a particular lifestyle of affluence and what-not.

Most prestige/popular items/products have this game on lock of selling you an opportunity to make believe you are something special or living that life above the next person who does not have it.

but FAM

i understand theres distribution and marketing and paying people to answer phones

but that flip is cray

• Upvote 1

BRUV...

A LOT OF MAYFAIR CLUBS DO NOT ENLIST THE ACE OF SPADES ON THEIR MENUS... THAT IS DEFINITELY TRU...

now i come to think of it merah did, runway did, jalouse does and obviously there are others...

but how can i go to BOUJIS and not even this top top club has ace of spades...?