Dalglish Gone

Rsonist

nope cappello is too old he isn't a Fenway "money ball" appointment. The term money ball is a term they use for young,talented,on relatively low wages,potential money making cows. So with that explained there is only a few people in contention unfortunately and thats pretty much AVB,Martinez and Guardiola. Pep would never sign and he's on a break so its looking like Villas Boas who I think is a good appointment if true I would prefer Rafa but since when do owners care about the fans? Not recently

Capello and Bielsa wouldn't get appointed under Fenway

also a dark horse candidate is Rijkaard who I'm indifferent about but rumour has it he has spoke to the owners

Said Mark Lawrenson on Tuesday, when asked if he thought Kenny Dalglish would be sacked by Liverpool:

"My gut feeling is that he'll be OK in terms of his job. I'd be very surprised if he'd gone over to Boston and they said they didn't want him....

"Maybe they had a conversation asking whether he wanted to continue managing or whether he wanted to go back upstairs where he was before. I can't believe for the life of me that they would say, 'Thank you, but no thank you'."

Said Mark Lawrenson on Wednesday, when asked if he was surprised that Kenny Dalglish had been sacked by Liverpool:

"Not really."

• Upvote 2

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes

Dave Whelan has confirmed to The Times that #LFC have asked for permission to speak to Roberto Martinez. "It is true," Whelan said.

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes

Whelan: "I don’t know the exact timescales of when he is due to meet with the Liverpool owners but I will never stand in Roberto’s way.”#LFC

:|

I'd like Rafa, if they go through the process of looking for a new manager and don't even sound him out it will be madness.

If not let's at least make an attempt for someone that is a bit far fetched ie Klopp (not likely, but there's no harm in trying). After that AVB would be my choice.

FSG have just got rid of a man that is royalty to Liverpool fans, replacing him with someone that has a proven track record was still going to put the new manager under enormous pressure but replacing him with a manager untested at the top level will increase than pressure tenfold.

Martinez and Rodgers are good prospects but the risk factor is massive, FSG's relationship with the fan base is on the line with this decision.