Gerrards biggest regret

The Somalian

He should of joint Chelsea in 2005? When he asked to be transfer listed he would of then won a prem title ?

Merge to Liverpool topic just got masters of European football on think it's a fair view? Career has been pretty stale since. But michael Owen career choices could of put him of.

Neg me u fake scousers?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

he was gone...

penthouse built in Chelsea village and everything

• Upvote 3

And lol at Gerard's career being stale. The only thing he hasn't got at club level is the premiership.

Which he would of 100% would of won if he moved in 2005. What did he di since 2005? Cup final 06 where he saved the team and cup final 07 which he lost. League cup is not a major honour. He would be a better situation if he moved to chelski at least del piero, maldini and totti can say they won championships. Actually him staying can be seen as laziness

This is retarded, yes he was gonna leave but he stayed. On some level it says loyalty to his boyhood club. He has played at just one team his whole life and every now and again people complain about a lack of loyalty in football with so few footballers staying with one club.

The opinions of non liverpool fans on this particular matter will not be taken into consideration

Hardly retarded but he held himself back Liverpool have been in decline for nearly ten years now. As such a short career I don't blame players who have paid their service like gerrard, Henry, viera, Owen, Ronaldo, to move to pastures green. He could of come back to Liverpool when he reach age of 34 on a bosman and fighting everton in the mid table. Don't you think? Best years wasted.

Hardly retarded but he held himself back Liverpool have been in decline for nearly ten years now. As such a short career I don't blame players who have paid their service like gerrard, Henry, viera, Owen, Ronaldo, to move to pastures green. He could of come back to Liverpool when he reach age of 34 on a bosman and fighting everton in the mid table. Don't you think? Best years wasted.

I get that you are trying to put a point across, but let me reiterate...

The opinions of non Liverpool fans on this particular matter will not be taken into consideration.

One day Gerrard will have a statue outside the stadium if he wins the league or not, and a big part of that is because he stayed at Liverpool.

This is retarded, yes he was gonna leave but he stayed. On some level it says loyalty to his boyhood club. He has played at just one team his whole life and every now and again people complain about a lack of loyalty in football with so few footballers staying with one club.

The opinions of non liverpool fans on this particular matter will not be taken into consideration

ONLY BECAUSE IT WOULDA BEEN PEAK FOR HIS FAM.

THERE IS NO LOYALTY TO THE CLUB IT WAS TO HIS FAM

You mean personal honours...

The greatest personal achievement for Steven Gerrard could simply have been to play football for Liverpool FC.

Granted what you wanna achieve throughout life once you've achieved it, you can and should keep raising the bar, but he has clearly accepted it.

Gerrard has won every major club honour bar the league.

He's scored in the FA Cup Final, League Cup Final, UEFA Cup Final and the Champions League Final (all victories).

I'm sure not winning the league is something that grates on him but lets not act as if his medal cabinet is bare.

I noticed how you didn't mention Ashley Cole in that list of players

• Upvote 1

Thing is people try the move for better things all the time, it doesn't always work out. Fabregas went back to Barca to win the good sh*t, that didnt happen.

There is no guarantee that moving will improve your position, why the hell should Gerrard regret not leaving Liverpool? As a fan of the club I would think he would like to exhaust the possibility (IN HIS MIND AT LEAST) of leading liverpool to the premiership summit. I mean, look at Henry, he never wanted to leave Arsenal but in his mind, he knew what he wanted to win, he just couldnt see it happening at arsenal.

Different strokes