Joey Barton banned for 12 games...

TF S4DK

An independent Regulatory Commission has today [Wednesday 23 May 2012] dealt with two charges of violent conduct against Joey Barton, arising from the game against Manchester City, resulting in an eight-match suspension and £75,000 fine for the Queens Park Rangers midfielder.

This eight-match suspension is to run consecutively to the four-game suspension Barton was already given for his dismissal in the fixture, making a total of 12 matches.

Barton was charged by The FA with two counts of violent conduct in relation to the Queens Park Rangers game against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday 13 May 2012.

Following Barton’s dismissal in the 54th minute of the match, there followed two incidents involving Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero and Vincent Kompany. As Barton had already been dismissed, both of these incidents fell outside the jurisdiction of the referee.

Barton accepted the charge of violent conduct against Aguero but denied the second breach of violent conduct against Kompany. The independent Regulatory Commission, however, found this second charge proved.

Barton is already serving a four-match suspension for his dismissal in the match, which consists of three matches for violent conduct plus one match as this was the player’s second dismissal of the season. The two further breaches for violent conduct ordered he be suspended for eight matches to run consecutively to the four matches, taking the total suspension to 12 matches.

The Chairman of the Regulatory Commission stated after the hearing: “There are rules of conduct that should be adhered to, and such behaviour tarnishes the image of football in this country, particularly as this match was the pinnacle of the domestic season and watched by millions around the globe.”

• 2 weeks later...

barton on Shearer

I know I f*cked up Alan, thanks for stating the obvious.

Whilst were both stating the obvious about each other, can I just say for the record what a great player u were. Well better me…

But I have a better hair(which is not hard), wear well better shirts on TV and have a personality(something u lack).

I really don’t like that pr**k, in fact I honestly despise him… Goodnight.

I’d take it off Hansen and GaryLineker but not from that bell, same fella that stamped on Neil Lennon,then threatened FA if they banned him

…That he would retire from international football. No sorry, not having him, never have. Selfish, boring man him. He can do one…

My favourite memory of him though is when he dropped his spuds when Keano put it on him. Goodnight Al, sleep well matey…

With that my shearerrant is over… Goodnight all xxxxxx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...