Ganso Out AGAIN

Mame Biram Diouf

gansodr1.jpg

Santos have confirmed that Ganso requires an operation which will rule him out of action for at least a month.

The midfield maestro has been experiencing discomfort in his right knee of late and has been receiving injections in order to allow him to continue playing.

However, the club have revealed that the Brazil international will go under the knife on Friday and will be sidelined for between 30 and 45 days.

Consequently, while Ganso will not miss Thursday's must-win Copa Libertadores quarter-final second-leg clash with Velez Sarsfield, there is a chance that he will not be in a position to return until the tournament decider, though the player is confident that he will be available sooner than that.

"I am aiming for the semi-finals of the Copa Libertadores and the Olympics," he told his club's official website.

"That is why I decided to stop now in order to be 100 per cent for these challenges, which are so important for my career, for Santos and the Brazilian national team."

The 22-year-old playmaker will definitely miss the Selecao's upcoming friendlies against Denmark, USA, Mexico and Argentina.

Looking like a Pato part two and he has not even left Brazil yet.

Sad stuff, can only see these injuries building up and getting worse as he gets older and puts on weight

What is with these modern Brazillians?