Excel/Access Questions

Sub_Zero

I have a document that comes through from a building society and we report on it every so often. What we usually do is personally type in the new details into a new access document but I'm guessing there is a much simpler way.

Can you import data from one excel document into another automactically?

How difficult would it be for me to learn and then teach someone to do this?

Would someone be willing to talk me through it on the phone and I'll sort them out?

I'm decent when it comes to computer but let me know if I haven't gone into enough detail with what I want.

• 4 years later...

Can someone advise or direct to where I need to go for help on this, hopefully I explain this well...

Got a Excel document, however it has certain rules. So for example I can see

May with 20 fields

June with 20 fields

July-September with 120 fields

All the data I need for all three pages is in the file, however on May and June I only have see the data for the 20 fields that the creator wants me to see without having to click through. How do I override the rules and see all the fields for May? I know it is possible as at times I can see it (in glitch I assume) but once I change one of the fields in will revert to the limited 20 fields.

by fields do you mean columns/rows?

if its columns or rows you can highlight all whether clicking on letters or numbers then right click n select unhide.

buuuuut that only applies if u meant the above, failing that would nees to understand what you mean by fields tbh

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TF S4DK said:

Not letting me do it, and looked for various tips online and when I try most the options I need either don't show or ask me for password to unprotect sheet.

Try disablin macros

?

If its showing sometimes then makes me think cos those times u havnt enabled macros

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TF S4DK said:

.... or ask me for password to unprotect sheet.

that is probably it then, the sheet has been locked/protected to restrict manipulation outside the authors control.

what do you mean by 'fields'??

take a copy ofthe workbook/sheet then attempt to butcher the shit outta it! i assume you cant ask for password??

• Upvote 1

Can you not bypass it? As like I said as times it overrides itself.

Basically its sales data, I have 841 products/fields, but the author has restricted reduced them to 24 products for May and June, which they want me to concentrate on.

All pricing for all the 841+ items are in workbook for May, June or July-September, I just need to unhide the fields with rates so I can create rate sheets, rather than the tedious rolling back.

Im not 100% versed in vba, but as Smaddy says, i think the answer is gonna lie in developer mode, might be able to find a video or tutorial site with the answer.

If not, im off tomorrow, back in work on Friday. Got a couple vba wizards who might know the answer.

Go to options in the file menu

Then customize ribbon

An select developer in the main tab section on the right

Then you will get the developer menu. Click on it an click view code. Navigate to the project with the same name as the file and click on a module or worksheet. Do ctrl+f for password and select search entire project 

You may find it there