The Summer Football Thread

User

neymar is a d*ckhead :lol:

Madrid game for ex-Reds

Former Manchester United and Real Madrid players will face each other next month in a charity game organised by the newly-crowned Spanish champions.

Legends from both clubs have been lined up for the Corazon Classic Match 2012, due to take place at Estadio Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday 3 June. A return match at Old Trafford has also been agreed for next year, on 2 June 2013.

The stellar names in the Reds squad include Roy Keane, Edwin van der Sar, Denis Irwin, Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke and Bryan Robson while Real Madrid's glittering recent past will be represented by the likes of Zidane, Figo, Redondo, Hierro, Butragueño, Sanchís, Helguera and Morientes. For some players, it will be a rematch - United and Real Madrid met in the Champions League quarter-finals of 2000 and 2003 with the Spanish giants winning both ties, 3-2 and 6-5 on aggregate.

The proceeds from this star-studded game will support the Real Madrid Foundation's charity work in Africa. Tickets priced at 5, 10 and 15 Euros can be purchased online at www.realmadrid.com/fundacion.

Further details of the 2013 fixture at Old Trafford - in support of the Manchester United Foundation - will be announced in due course.

From Marca today

Real Madrid should include:

Figo, Zidane, Hierro, Fernando Redondo, Martin Vazquez, Morientes, Helguera, Butragueño - trained by Amancio

United:

Andy Cole, Clyton Blackmore, Denis Irwin, Dion Dublin, Dwight York, Van der Sar, Jaap Stam, Quinton Fortune, Raymond van der Gouw and Teddy Sheringham are amongst the English representatives. Bryan Robson is the coach.

According to AS, Keane's not playing and Stam may be out as well, but Roberto Carlos is there for Madrid.

Ref: Pierluigi Collina

They've sold over 60 thousand tickets so far.

KO - 7pm Spain, 6pm UK

Streams for the game will be on = http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/football.html

• 4 weeks later...

whos watching gremio v atletico minero on ESPN

bernando just set up Jo for the lead

one of the best assists ive seen for years

dino playing against his old club

Yep got. It on goal was deadly

That is football>>>

(waits for tulse to come in and say watching it is pointless)

You should thank me for letting you be able to take part in these convosations.

I taught you everything you know about football and gave you freedom to express your mind with some of the experts on here without being banned from the sports room.

• Upvote 4

Dies tulse u kill me

Only reason I post in here so

Much is because whatever room

Is dead

Bruv I was scouting in the marshes before you had a d*ck

I was the one who told Barry fry to look at Marcus gayle when he was playing in a park then he was sold for 800k

Tite: 'It was not chance, it was not luck'

By Christopher Atkins 2012-07-05 04:57:00

Corinthians manager Tite hailed his side's performance after their 2-0 victory over Boca Juniors to seal a maiden Copa Libertadores title.

Tite, who led the side to the 2011 Brasileirão trophy, believes that the side earned their success through a combination of hard work and unity.

The victorious manager said: "The team deserved it, they worked hard on the pitch. They couldn't have done any more or worked any harder - they have great concentration.

"It was not chance, it was not luck. It was the merit and competence of this squad, who are good friends. I spoke with them about the friendship they have, it is very moving."

Corinthians are the first side since Boca Juniors in the 1970's to go through the competition unbeaten, conceding just four goals over the entire duration

Brazilians>>>>>