★★★ Andre Ward vs Chad Dawson ★★★

Fighting Weight

8th September, at 168. Very excited about this. Ward is one of my favourite boxers, Chad got skills too, rate him for calling out Ward after the Bhop fight but I think him deciding to fight at 168 (not 175, in which he comes in the ring close to 190) could hamper him. Two very quick technical boxers, both thought of as somewhat boring by a lot of fans however

I'm picking (and hopking) for a Ward UD/MD.

Huge fight, the best at 168 vs the best(ish) at 175, due to their styles and promotion neither man really has a large fanbase though so it's a shame this probably won't get the publicity it deserves.

• 2 months later...

The upcoming Andre Ward vs. Chad Dawson fight could be a game-changer for both of their careers and lead to some big-money bouts for the winner. If Dawson wins, he will be the lineal champion in both the light heavyweight and super middleweight divisions.

http://www.sportsbun.com/boxing/chad-dawson-vs-andre-ward-live-stream-online-free/

I think him deciding to fight at 168 (not 175, in which he comes in the ring close to 190) could hamper him.

I'm picking (and hoping) for a Ward UD/MD.

Very happy with the result, cutting took a lot out of chad though, puch resistance wa greatly diminished, very impresse he stayed classy before and after the fight though.

Though ward would still beat him I'd like him to get a rematch somewhere down the line at 175.

I don't think Martinez will step up, he's 37 now, and there aren't any real paydays there for him and that's what he's desperate for. A possible matchup at 168 would be against Dirrell (which I'd love to see as he's another one of my favourites) but that depends on whether Dirrell will actually be fighting regularly again. I think Ward may make one more defence and then step up to 175, he'd have matchups against Cloud & Pascal, and possibly Bhop, problem is now Ward has beaten everyone at 168, there aren't all that many great matchups from SMW - LHW. Unless he ends up fighting dregs like Cleverly, he'll be having rematches, Kessler & Dawson both at '75.

The one remaining fight that'd be of real intrigue is if Bute manages to put a schooling on Froch in their rematch. Which is doubtful.

However due to his weight issues Chavez himself will undoubtably be stepping up to 168. So that's a schooling I'd like to see.