THE BEST CONSOLE OF ALL TIME

Creed Diskenth

Unfortunately the gaming world has changed and moved on.

Back then games felt niche or definitely something for the "nerds".

These days it's a lot more casual and socially acceptable to be a gamer. What this means is trying to tap into broader revenues and audiences that are now more receptive. Utimately the nature of the product changes. Publishers don't want to take risks.

Don't give a f*ck. The 90s were the golden years. Developers were living lavish.

• Upvote 5

The old games was so original it was stupiddddd

This is something we won't get any more, simply because nothing like it had been done before.

I love how games look now with their pin point graphics, its phenomenal but the feel of a Mega Drive for me and a Snes for yourself can't be replicated. I'm sure you like myself would sit their for hours and hours playing games refusing to acknowledge anyone else's existence, no eye lids were batted, and if someone dared get in the way you gave them that snarling look as if a Tiger was about to kill its prey.

I still remember the day I got a Mega Drive II, which is a story in itself, hell the days of being called a "nerd" and "geek" for enjoying games was something else. How times have changed from the music to graphics to how we play a game, I do miss that enjoyment and sheer joy.

I remember the sheer hatred and jealousy that I got from my classmates when I got the snes. I was the first in my class. When I loaded up Mario World for the first time it was like I had laser eye surgery and I could see properly for the first time. I've never had that feeling since with any new console. Any used to buy game magazines? I was a fiend for official Nintendo and cvg. When new screen shots of games appeared I would go nuts.

Any used to buy game magazines? I was a fiend for official Nintendo and cvg. When new screen shots of games appeared I would go nuts.

Gamesmaster, well in the early 90s, my brother still gets it.

Like you I also got Nintendo, then the official Playstation (for the PS1 days with their demos) then moved onto Edge.

For me it has to be the Playstation. In 1994, not only were we introduced to a new household name to gaming, but the new ISO standard led to what we have now.

The T-Rex tech demo that came with the console demonstrated how much power the console was capable of rendering with no advanced effects. Ironicially the original playstation was going to be made both with Sony and Phillips, but phillips pulled out at the last minute and went with Nintendo, a move phillips would later regret. Now fast forward a decade later and Sony are receiving royalties for every Blu Ray disc manufactured.

This commercial really says it all

• Upvote 2