Fuck it Ashley, I'll build your team for the next decade

• 3 months later...

Newcastle United have confirmed that manager Alan Pardew has agreed a new eight-year contract with the club.

Magpies owner Mike Ashley appointed Pardew in late 2010 when he shocked many by axing Chris Hughton who had guided the team to promotion from the Championship.

But Pardew's appointment has proved a hugely successful one, and he guided them to fifth in the Premier League last term which earned him the Premier League Manager of the Season and League Managers' Association Manager of the Year awards.

Pardew had four years left on his deal, but Ashley has moved to reward the 51-year-old for his performance by handing him an eight-year contract.

Pardew's backroom staff have also seen their deals extended including assistant John Carver, first-team coach Steve Stone and goalkeeping coach Andy Woodman.

Managing Director Derek Llambias told the club's website: "If you look at clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal, Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger have shown that stability gives you the best platform to achieve success, and that is the model we wish to emulate here.

"We're looking to build on the success we had last season and these new contracts are aimed at keeping the Club progressing on and off the pitch, as we have done since returning to the Premier League in 2010.

"Alan has done a fantastic job over the last couple of years and has proved what a great Premier League manager he is. I have total respect for him in all football matters and have an excellent relationship with him which I think benefits the club enormously. Alan also has one of the best backroom teams in the country and I would like to thank John Carver, Steve Stone, and Andy Woodman for all their combined efforts.

"We hope this announcement will be great news for the fans, whose support and commitment to this club over the years has been fantastic."

LMFAO at this

Carr is overrated there is people on vip2 that could do his job LOL

he has hit the belly the slogan shall be rich for ever

/

pardew is decent at that level they should keep him but not THAT long. if he was smart he would hire Martinez for a shorter but incentive based bonuses

Newcastle would hit champions league walah

• 2 years later...