Same sex marriages & same sex marriages in Places of Worship

Da Luv Doc

There's this big debate about legalising same sex marriages.

What is your opinion of this?

Also, would you welcome same sex gay marriage in the church, mosque, temple or Synagogal?

My opinion, I accept people can be homosexual, but I don't agree with gay marriage and think what is available now with the civil partnership is enough.

On places of worship, I would consider it a slap in the face of religion if same sex marriages took place in a place of worship, especially if it is claimed to be a religious ceremony.

Watching the news yesterday morning and watching & hearing a woman bishop saying she would like to and wants to marry same sex couples in her church has made me personally confirm that I am not christian as that type of talk should not be allowed by someone who supposedly follows a religion yet wants to change it.

What is your opinion?

Discuss

religion in this country and most of the west is dead

the christian religion in particular will be a myth by the time our generation is in nappies

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

religion in this country and most of the west is dead

the christian religion in particular will be a myth by the time our generation is in nappies

This tbh, will become a joke. I'm reading into Islam, where what says goes and nothing else.

Its really bizarre that the 3 major religions are against homosexuality yet these people want their homosexual relationship to be blessed by god. It seems these gays are just doing it for arguments/equal opportunities sake and not cos they really want the blessing of god.

Either way this will never be accepted in a mosque.

• Upvote 1

Why should I waste any of my time being concerned with how other people want to live their lives?

If two men want to get married, where does my opinion come in?

Its this kinda attitude thats got us where we are today, homosexuality all around us pushed into our faces.

We should accept that homosexuality exists, and we should be tolerant of it, but we should definitely not accept that its normal like a man and woman.

• Upvote 2

Why should I waste any of my time being concerned with how other people want to live their lives?

Its this kinda attitude thats got us where we are today, homosexuality all around us pushed into our faces.

We should accept that homosexuality exists, and we should be tolerant of it, but we should definitely not accept that its normal like a man and woman.

How should we treat these "abnormal" people?

How should we treat these "abnormal" people?

well they shouldnt be allowed to get married for starters, thats basically saying its as normal as a male and female.

• Upvote 2

Bit extreme declassifying yourself as a christian because some people's stupidness.

Western Christianity is dead, as it has been since the days of the first papalcy. The church here is merely a long-standing and old institution but don't write off the faith.

I have more in common with Islam tbh, but Christianity alway change things for the people in charge of the church or for the people, which shouldn't happen. Especially the European branches of Christianity, which are full of frauds and contradictions to how people should live.

Other questions of Christianity also make me think there are things that don't make sense, where Islam makes sense of them (from what I know so far).

Bit extreme declassifying yourself as a christian because some people's stupidness.

Western Christianity is dead, as it has been since the days of the first papalcy. The church here is merely a long-standing and old institution but don't write off the faith.

I have more in common with Islam tbh, but Christianity alway change things for the people in charge of the church or for the people, which shouldn't happen. Especially the European branches of Christianity, which are full of frauds and contradictions to how people should live.

Other questions of Christianity also make me think there are things that don't make sense, where Islam makes sense of them (from what I know so far).

What like The Islamic views on the act of creampie?

What like The Islamic views on the act of creampie?

:/

I'm actually on having a discussion with you if you want, but I wont if you want to act like that.

What are the things of Islam that make sense to you as opposed to Christianity? Just curious. A man changing rules to fit his agenda shouldn't change your personal relationship with God/who you are spiritually.

And no. Absolutely no homosexual 'marriages' should take place in a place of worship. I have nothing against them having normal said venue(s), however.