Are you proud to be British?

kerser

The fact I happen to have the ethnicity I do is by chance of course,

of course its f*ckin not

there's no lottery mate ur dad shoved it in ur mum n you are the result

Yes I am but the reality of me being born Caribbean and not Australian is chance.

My consciousness could easily have been in your body and yours in mine.

The fact I happen to have the ethnicity I do is by chance of course,

of course its f*ckin not

there's no lottery mate ur dad shoved it in ur mum n you are the result

Yes I am but the reality of me being born Caribbean and not Australian is chance.

My consciousness could easily have been in your body and yours in mine.

na i disagree

your consciousness is part of the same result imo

British imperialism destabilized the continent of our origin, if it wasn't for hundreds of years of exploitation and brutality then we probably wouldn't be in this country.

lmao neither would a quarter of the white people.

You think the Irish came to England for the weather?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So man laugh and take the piss out of fresh affs/asians yet dont consider themselves British :s

This..

Most brit blacks suffer from Identity crisis....

You just watch how many will claim there grand parents country of birth when the olympics kick off.

• Downvote 1

the whole taking piss of "Fresh African's" thing is something i hate with a passion,

i however understand why a black guy from London will distance himself from everything British and also distance himself from everything African or Caribbean.

its messed up, but i see why this could happen,

Nationality and the way people see themselves is a tough subject tbh,

• Upvote 2

the whole taking piss of "Fresh African's" thing is something i hate with a passion,

i however understand why a black guy from London will distance himself from everything British and also distance himself from everything African or Caribbean.

its messed up, but i see why this could happen,

Nationality and the way people see themselves is a tough subject tbh,

This tbh

To me being British and being English are two very different things

I see myself as British in the sense that Britain does not count only one race because it includes Wales, Scotland, N.I. and England, so that nationality is not dictated by race but rather simply living in the Isles, and it can even be stretched to colonial times where you belong to the empire, kind of like the commonwealth now.

Thats the way I see it anyway

Gonna give a Gd answer this time. I'm proud to be British beavuse I was born and raised here. I'm not proud of the way the country has been run due to the credit crunch, allowing top bank manager keeping hold of there bonus and basically letting the rich get richer and poor get poorer.

• 1 month later...

bump

anyone changed there mind ?

I'm proud of who/what I am but I'm not proud of Britain therefore I wouldn't say "I'm proud to be British".

Like I'm grateful I wasn't brought up in many of these other countries that are much worse off, and there's loads of things I love about Britain but I wouldn't say it gives me pride.

Born and bred here. Never been JA, never left Europe, haven't travelled since 2000. Love a fry up, love football, love a Sunday roast. And whilst my favourite food remains Ox Tail (and Lasagne), nothing makes me happier than tucking into a quarter pounder before, during, and after watching the Arsenal live and shouting obscenities at opposition fans and threatening to kick their f*cking heads in after the game.

Proud? Do McDonald's sell hamburgers...? God save our Queen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Born and bred here. Never been JA, never left Europe, haven't travelled since 2000. Love a fry up, love football, love a Sunday roast. And whilst my favourite food remains Ox Tail (and Lasagne), nothing makes me happier than tucking into a quarter pounder before, during, and after watching the Arsenal live and shouting obscenities at opposition fans and threatening to kick their f*cking heads in after the game.

Proud? Do McDonald's sell hamburgers...? God save our Queen.

no offesnse at all but youve always seemed to me one of them black guys that enjoy the pub with all your white mates- like the token black in the group

then i go in the thread ' best things about your ends '

and i see you post this

There's no blacks.

and my hypothesis is confirmed

i didnt even want to argue with you mate - hence the 'no offence'

but your clearly a bounty based on those comments above and the fact that you say the best thing about your ends in that there are no blacks what a foolish and self- hate thing to say

the worst thing is there are plenty of whites up and down the country that would give the same answer that you gave and these same people defo wouldnt call you british by any means

• Downvote 2