Joey BadA$$

Young £

Steez, I was a fan. I appreciate what you were doing in hip hop. In a generation that has completely lost the soul of "hip-hop" you were a shining star. R.I.P.

Quote from another forum, but true from my perspective...

Rest in peace Cap Steez. Really sad news, in the same year TDE lost Alori Joh too.

Depression is a serious ting, people.

alori werent signed to TDE

"And im thinking bout singing tot he Roc but my niggas on the streets still assigned to the rocks"

Any truth in this Roc move or just bars?

Joey said something about 'coming back to the block from my six o' clock with Jay', so yeah I'd believe it.

Ed: Same verse..

Steez and Joey were the stars in the group..

/

@ YB, yeah you're right. Waiting on an official tribute.

/

Listen to the bars..

R.I.P. Capital Steez. Such a shame what happened to him. He had so much potential. 

/

any new joey?

new Pro Era featuring Joey + more on the previous page

where the fuck is T'Nah Apexx

T'Nah left the crew to go solo. Her tape is supposed to be out by now but I'm not seeing it anywhere or hearing any news about it. 

http://youtu.be/njWrJ2vRkbU

http://youtu.be/PPip0l8ikvc

dymez_portraitofdonnovan_1-620x620.jpg

Here’s something new from 19-year old Brooklyn talent and Warner Bro signing Dyme-A-Duzin, a track entitled “Swank Sinatra”, which sees him link up with Joey Bada$$ (aka Og Swank) and his Pro-Era team-mates CJ Fly and Capital STEEZ.

All these guys are part of New York’s wider Beast Coast movement, and they seem to have a natural chemistry in this clip, a throwback, mic in the street style visual. Dyme, who’s dressed down for once (looking like a young Lupe, anyone?) proves his quality as a wordsmith, before Joey and co do what they do best, tagging in and out over Plain Pat’s mellow, brass-dominated beat, moving from street scene to street scene.

The track appears on Dyme’s A Portrait of Donnovan tape, out 9th January 2013. Watch the vid below:

http://youtu.be/plt4uUagCXs

Steez, I was a fan. I appreciate what you were doing in hip hop. In a generation that has completely lost the soul of "hip-hop" you were a shining star. R.I.P.

Quote from another forum, but true from my perspective...

Rest in peace Cap Steez. Really sad news, in the same year TDE lost Alori Joh too.

Depression is a serious ting, people.

alori werent signed to TDE

i still don't know why that alori girl killed herself, was it depression? Really sad never less i'm sure she was probo gonna make moves TDE woulda put her on.

Never really listened to these guys, this capital steez guy sounded nice from what I've heard so far crazy sad.

/

Wahh who is this T'nah girl? I'm fullin diggin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...