Housing benefit

Captain Planet

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

But where I live is irrelevant I wasn't born there and have lived there for 6 months so save your crap.

ffs so say where u grew up then u mug

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Sounds about right

Probably confused thinking all her mates got housing benefit when half of them wouldn't even be eligible

Benefitting from ur dad ain't the same thing lurve

Tbh I agree with this in principle. If you have a FT job and need some help towards your rent etc then cool. But you shouldnt be able to leave home and have a free roof over your head even though you've never worked and have no intention of working. That's a pisstake.

Abused at home?

Parents died?

Parents kicked you out?

etc

Theres loads of different reasons

Stop acting so sheltered

There are but some of the things above you need to be put in a hostel.

They use housing benefit to pay hostels as well.

As for my opinion on this, shit is disgusting

No way we should be discussing abolishing housing benefit for under 25 year olds before we talk about capping parlimentary expenses or telling the queen to tone it down at her birthday party cos we in a recession

SMH @ all the arguments for this

Its either you agree in kicking vulnerable people out on the street with nowhere to go or you dont there is no grey area cos once something like this gets passed there WILL be people who are vulnerable and need help caught in the net and put on the streets

• Upvote 7

Which is exactly why most people started off either saying no this is wrong or yes it's wrong but I can see the idea behind it. No one is agreeing to put people on the streets.

Profit I wasn't born in any posh part of Kent, I'm no sort of socket and my Dad has never helped me out financially. Stop concentrating on me and my life just because we have different opinions, it's childish.

These kids are leaving school and getting a flat/house paid for, they don't work why would they when they get a warm house, food and a little spending money. All for sitting on their backside all day.

Wait, what?

Most peoples benefits arnt touching 55 pounds a week, fresh out of education

Regardless of if they are receiving housing benefits, they will still pay for gas and electricity, plus the mobility to look for work so that is at least 25 pounds a week for a travel card.

How much is left over after 'sitting on their arses'?

Some dellusional people in this system man.

• Upvote 4

Your talking about people actively looking for work, again you haven't read what I've been saying. My whole argument is on the people who chose this lifestyle and there are many.

If your 19 years old, you don't wanna work you get given a flat and live off your benefits.. What are you doing with yourself besides sitting around and spending money you done nothing for.

Il say it one more time, I'm not talking about people who don't wish to be in those positions and who are in need but there are many many people out their who just live that life.

• Downvote 1

do u not think the majority of benefits are abused more than they are genuinely helpful?

Give me an example of something that involves money and I'll give you an example of it being abused.

Necessity is incomparable to greed in my opinion.

I can't take a policy like this seriously as it throws the baby out with the bath water, some people genuinely need housing benefit whereas a company like Amazon paying f*ck all in tax despite £7 billion of sales is just pure greed.

• Upvote 2

Your talking about people actively looking for work, again you haven't read what I've been saying. My whole argument is on the people who chose this lifestyle and there are many.

If your 19 years old, you don't wanna work you get given a flat and live off your benefits.. What are you doing with yourself besides sitting around and spending money you done nothing for.

Il say it one more time, I'm not talking about people who don't wish to be in those positions and who are in need but there are many many people out their who just live that life.

A 15 year old couldnt live off 55 quid a week let alone a 19 year old

and im still saying ur gassed

Because regardless of how trashy the person is, I honestly dont see anyone being ok with living with 10 pounds a week after bills to 'splurge' on themselves

some joke

You're misunderstanding the problem. There are certain people who pay rent, bills, food travel etc all by themselves and work a 40+ hour week. After all their expenses They have the same £10 to "splurge" as certain dons who sit home and blaze all day. That's not right.

and im still saying ur gassed

Because regardless of how trashy the person is, I honestly dont see anyone being ok with living with 10 pounds a week after bills to 'splurge' on themselves

some joke

You're misunderstanding the problem. There are certain people who pay rent, bills, food travel etc all by themselves and work a 40+ hour week. After all their expenses They have the same £10 to "splurge" as certain dons who sit home and blaze all day. That's not right.

It's not right but to me it says there's more a problem related to the average wage/ cost of living than the mentality of someone who isn't working.

• Upvote 1