Theo Walcott

Now does he deserve 100k+ a week cos he's a fast runner? No.

But last season we relied on pace and movement from the two athletes (Gervinho the other), and van Persie's with his brain and ability took advantage of it.

Now if van Persie is walking, then will Giroud & Podolski figure out how to take advantage of them two as much as van Persie did? Is that the way they play? Will they prefer technically better players alongside them? If the answer is no to the first two and yes to the latter then Wenger gotta re-write the script and maybe selling Walcott is a good idea, but if he wants to keep on in the same vein as last year, which he seemed to want to then he need to get both signed on.

The one thing I hate about Theo is his posture.

Man always jogs onto the pitch with them arms close to the chest and elbows proper high and well postured like a proper winger.

He's so casual, that posture reminds me of a Jullian Joachim or Dean Sturridge.

Needs to man up, he'll never be a striker when he has that posture

Open up, maybe take a few Yoga lessons, this aint 2008 anymore.

Also annoys me that he hasn't grown.

How many of you have actually watched Walcott live, like in a stadium?

Arsenal and England(full and u21)

Why?

and you fail to see what he brings to the table still?

I dont fail to see what he brings to the table, I dont think he should be starting games for Arsenal FC(hes not the only one).

If I wanted to say that I'd say that, lol. Your a mug.

You only have to watch that Walcott comp to see it aint cos of his technical ability, its cos of his pace, more times it unsettles fullbacks so there already off balance when he's running towards them.

Its a shame he cant dribble then isnt it? He would probably be up there. But at least he can knock the ball past opponents and utilise the space.. oh wait he doesnt want to be one dimensional :lol:

“At times people just expect me to knock the ball and run but it is not as easy as you think to be honest,”

:lol:

Basically I just hate Wally and the type of "footballer" that he is. I hate that he starts loads of games and I hate that there are stories about him/agents wanting loads of money, I hate that he keeps saying he wants to play upfront when hes lucky that Wenger keeps faith in him. He could go on and be great, i wouldnt take it back, I just dont rate players like him. Situational player, if the conditions are right hes effective, runs fast and can have a nice finish, should be on the bench. Hes 23, not 18. Hes not a bit part player like guys like Johnson either.

I'm not gonna say he's completely sh*t, but he's definitely overrated. Feel like we've been waiting for this great potential to come to fruition for one season too long, it doesn't help when you're hearing of his or his agents absurd wage demands when his performance on the pitch doesn't warrant whats being asked off of it.

I'd take him.

Put him up front, tell him to play on the shoulder on the last defender and I'm pretty sure he'd be scoring plenty of goals.

Its not that simple though is it? Look at RVP and Henry (pause) Wenger told them to play up front or at least to try, Wally has been begging to play upfront and yet hes still on the wing (I know we had rvp etc but hes only played 1 full season) If your playing an end to end game or counter that might be true, but if your looking to control possession with slowish build up, I dont see it working out for him, unless what TF said about the other striker with brains happens.

Twice last season

Everton and Milan

Both games I was underwhelmed with him especially the Milan game

Every time he got the ball it was like he didn't want it, he was scared to run at the full backs

Then Ox found himself in that position and drove straight at the defence and won a penalty

Everyone was thinking whythef*ck was theo scared to do that for the previous 40

I'd take him.

Put him up front, tell him to play on the shoulder on the last defender and I'm pretty sure he'd be scoring plenty of goals.

Its not that simple though is it? Look at RVP and Henry (pause) Wenger told them to play up front or at least to try, Wally has been begging to play upfront and yet hes still on the wing (I know we had rvp etc but hes only played 1 full season) If your playing an end to end game or counter that might be true, but if your looking to control possession with slowish build up, I dont see it working out for him, unless what TF said about the other striker with brains happens.

It's quite simple in the sense that when Wenger bought him he was a striker who concentrated on finishing rather than creating, he f*cks up when given time to think so why he looked at him and thought let me convert him to a winger is something I've never fully understood. He simply isn't that type of player.

Had he spent the past 6 years honing his skills as a CF rather than being asked to be a provider I'm pretty sure you'd have a more confident and productive player on your hands.

• Upvote 1

I'd take him.

It's quite simple in the sense that when Wenger bought him he was a striker who concentrated on finishing rather than creating, he f*cks up when given time to think so why he looked at him and thought let me convert him to a winger is something I've never fully understood. He simply isn't that type of player.

Had he spent the past 6 years honing his skills as a CF rather than being asked to be a provider I'm pretty sure you'd have a more confident and productive player on your hands.

yes because you know more about developing players than Wenger

leave it out please

It's obviously only my opinion but I'd be interested to hear yours. What attributes does Theo Walcott have that make you think he's suited to being a winger?

he's fast.........

thats all I got

to be honestly I dont really class him as a footballer ,he is just easier to carry on the wing when he aint on it

his pace is always going to be part of a threat there and will pull defences

Arsene Wenger had no qualms moving Henry and RVP to the middle, if the same hasn't happened to Walcott its probaably because he isn't good enough, just because he has pace and cn finish at times doesn't mean he would be a great striker, the truth he is, he is average. He has a few appearances against a few teams where he scores a hattrick or createst a couple goals, but for the most part he is sh*t, he was sh*t last season and will most likely be the same next season.

This is the guy who couldn't give Mesbah problems, the same guy that got marked out the game by a 17 year old fullback on his first full appearance, how a player whos only use should be coming off the bench in the last 20 mins of a game can demand anything near 80 k a week is baffling.

It's obviously only my opinion but I'd be interested to hear yours. What attributes does Theo Walcott have that make you think he's suited to being a winger?

he's fast.........

thats all I got

to be honestly I dont really class him as a footballer ,he is just easier to carry on the wing when he aint on it

Exactly which is why I said I've never understood Wenger playing him as a provider.

He's always struck me as the type of player who's better playing on instincts with the least amount of time available to him to think about things, given that he is also ridiculously fast and not a bad finisher it seems to me playing up front is where he would be most effective.

he's fast.........

thats all I got

Exactly which is why I said I've never understood Wenger playing him as a provider.

He's always struck me as the type of player who's better playing on instincts with the least amount of time available to him to think about things, given that he is also ridiculously fast and not a bad finisher it seems to me playing up front is where he would be most effective.

just answerd your own question really tbh

think he's a useful option from the start of a game

his pace forcing the opposition manager to not play such a high-line and that could create space for more creative players on his team

Twice last season

Everton and Milan

Both games I was underwhelmed with him especially the Milan game

Every time he got the ball it was like he didn't want it, he was scared to run at the full backs

Then Ox found himself in that position and drove straight at the defence and won a penalty

Everyone was thinking whythef*ck was theo scared to do that for the previous 40

I think Walcott played well in both those games tbh. The Milan LB got RAPED.

I'd take him.

Wenger doesn't like strikers that JUST finish. He expects them to give more to the team. The last 6 yars or however long its been has been about him wanting Walcott to improve as a player before he can play CF.

• 2 weeks later...