'I can teach you how to speak my language - Rosetta Stone'

RaiKkoNen

I say German so far because the tutor speaks English & French.

Arabic is a myth it has me stuttering my sentences.

I can see why Japanese is difficult to learn because I find the same problem with Chinese 

I was going to learn Japanese but I was told Chinese is more suitable in business aspect.

Can you speak basic Japanese now?

/

Speaking languages is easy but when you have mastered writing in them languages as well  you go clear.

I had basic sentences down, greetings and things of that nature. But I stalled on it so now I regressed to just remembering a few phrases and words.

Should have really kept at it when I had a lot more spare time on my hands. 

9 hours ago, dayomesaydayo said:

One of the pluses of living in london is that there are so many people that speak spanish, turkish,portuguese you might not even need to jump on a plane and waste p on a hotel etc to learn one of these languages.

Still always best to be in the country

But for anyone wanting to mix it up with foreigners there are various language exchanges you can find on fb. You meet up with a group an mill around speakin to different people. You help them with English 5 mins, they help you with theirs 5 mins or however u wanna work it. Good way to network an make new friends, many of these people are new to the country. 

Mammoth language exchange is a good one

True. LoL before you learn the language you have a stereotypical view of that there is just one accent..... then you learn it and understand there are multiple, just like English and when there's dialect that are completely different you just think "wtf?!"

16 hours ago, Grafter said:

Still always best to be in the country

But for anyone wanting to mix it up with foreigners there are various language exchanges you can find on fb. You meet up with a group an mill around speakin to different people. You help them with English 5 mins, they help you with theirs 5 mins or however u wanna work it. Good way to network an make new friends, many of these people are new to the country. 

Mammoth language exchange is a good one

Yeah i agree  its definitely better to go to the country.

For those who aint got the money for that though (like me) living in london is definitely a plus if you want to learn a language.

On 6/28/2018 at 11:42 AM, O Fenomeno said:

Learning German,Chinese,Arabic at the moment 

Can now speak basic Turkish(step up from  just knowing the swear words,greetings)

French-Fluent

Lingala-Fluent

Portuguese-Fluent

English-Fluent

Spanish-Fluent

Italian- Fluent 

impressive, well done

haven't fully read the whole thread but did u use a tutor only or rosetta dvds too?

Thise who opt for Rosetta stone and not do classes, what is your reasoning behind that? I've never use Rosetta Stone but I use phone apps, but when I go to classes I have a direct explanation and can ask instant questions with a qualified teacher. Also knowing that everyone there wants to be there, unlike school and you all bounce words etc from each other.

59 minutes ago, macz said:

learning portuguese as going brazil for carnival next year, using an app called duolingo which i find is pretty good

For the basics, yes. It does have a lot of errors but for the basics I'd recommend (before they started having apps on it)

10 hours ago, Da Luv Doc said:

Thise who opt for Rosetta stone and not do classes, what is your reasoning behind that? I've never use Rosetta Stone but I use phone apps, but when I go to classes I have a direct explanation and can ask instant questions with a qualified teacher. Also knowing that everyone there wants to be there, unlike school and you all bounce words etc from each other.

apps are used when its convenient

Duolingo won't do much by itself though

I'm yet to try out Rosetta Stone