Magnum Opus

Kurtis

Magnum opus (plural: magna opera, also opus magnum / opera magna), from the Latin meaning "great work",[1] refers to the largest, and perhaps the best, greatest, most popular, or most renowned achievement of a writer, artist, composer or craftsman.

just to make it harder NO albums, just a single piece of work for each artist or group, or if the artist is in a group but also done solo stuff, then 1 piece from the group and 1 solo

ill kick it off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82kGsIzcWp4

• Downvote 3

Magnum opus (plural: magna opera, also opus magnum / opera magna), from the Latin meaning "great work",[1] refers to the largest, and perhaps the best, greatest, most popular, or most renowned achievement of a writer, artist, composer or craftsman.

just to make it harder NO albums, just a single piece of work for each artist or group, or if the artist is in a group but also done solo stuff, then 1 piece from the group and 1 solo

ill kick it off

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikl3A9puiKI

Tried to fix it for you

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't even call this music, this is a gift.

Probably the most powerful song I have heard released in my lifetime.

Shouts to Will I Am on Rhodes and the late GREAT Weldon Irvine seen in the red hat (writer of young, gifted and black, mentor to Mos and Q-Tip amongst others) on the Hammond Organ.

• Upvote 1

Shouts to Will I Am on Rhodes and the late GREAT Weldon Irvine seen in the red hat (writer of young, gifted and black, mentor to Mos and Q-Tip amongst others) on the Hammond Organ.

Weldon Irvine was ill, Just Blaze sampled a joint of his for 'Dear Summer'...First time I heard of him was when I heard that joint actually. Didn't know he died, R.I.P.

/

Yeah OK, Badu f*cked up his head for a minute and had him on a no-sex arrangement, but probably his illest joint regardless. R.I.P Dilla.

It's so hard to pick a Fugees joint off The Score as a standout, the entire album was the Fugees' magnum opus. I am just a sucker for Lauryn's 'you can't run away, from these styles I got oh baby, hey baby!' line. Sends chills! Killing Me Softly is probably Lauryn's best vocal work on the album, Manifest, The Score, How Many Mics, Fu-Gee-La, all solid joints too. Very hard to pick though!

• 1 month later...