What Is Will Smith Doing?

Mame Biram Diouf

If it was your daughter what would you do?

As most other parents would do, 'no your not having your tongue pierced your 11 years old' 'no you cannot shave your head, you have beautiful hair'

I asked my Mum for a bra at 11 and she told me to shut up.

Fame shouldn't mean your children have to grow up twice as fast, it will only damage them. She's a beautiful girl but it will probably go downhill if they keep letting her make all her own decisions.

Tell me specifically how an edgy haircut and an extra ear piercing etc robs her childhood? Tell me how it's a direct correlation to failures in later life? With the lifestyle she's living, I'm sure her short hair and piercing are the least of the detriments to her childhood. I understand where you're coming from, and I wouldn't let my daughter act as such. However I wouldn't let my daughter into the entertainment industry at that age, Willow was born into it.

Why is an 11 year old able to make drastic decisions, she hasn't said 'mum can I get my hair styled' she has it shaved, short back and sides with a bleached top. Most parents wouldn't let their kid dye their hair until they were 16-18. Its just all too much and unnecessary. Im shocked anyone would try and make excuses for it tbh.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Her tongue should never be pierced,

Why? She's 11 years old

her ears should only be done once.

Why? She's 11 years old

The hair wouldn't be cut that short

Why? She's 11 years old with a bald sides and a bleached/pink head top.

Rihanna is a horrendous role model.

Why are you bringing her into this? She mentioned she wanted to be like Rihanna, young girls love Rihanna and try to be like her. She doesn't set a good example on that basis.

She's a child, she's 11 years old and regardless of who her parents are she should be guarded and kept to an extent so she can enjoy her childhood. Come 18 she can cut her hair and pierce herself but she is no where near old enough to make these adult decisions. Look at all these young star's and how they turn out..

Tell me specifically how an edgy haircut and an extra ear piercing etc robs her childhood? Tell me how it's a direct correlation to failures in later life? With the lifestyle she's living, I'm sure her short hair and piercing are the least of the detriments to her childhood. I understand where you're coming from, and I wouldn't let my daughter act as such. However I wouldn't let my daughter into the entertainment industry at that age, Willow was born into it.

Innit

Surely her mum and dads swingers parties would have more of an effect on her child hood than trying to look like Dennis Rodman.

daughter dressed by a stylist looking all funky

or daughter dressed like daddys little girl but fucking out and getting high behind your back

i think i know which one id rather

• Upvote 1

You guys are talking like willow is a rarity.

World is f*cked, don't think for a second that being 11 is anything like it was when we were children.

Theres news articles about anorexic 8 year olds. Beauty pageants for children and all sorts of bollocks now.

I'm not saying its right, or that I agree with it. But its the way sh*t is now.

I dread to think what life will be like by time I have preteen children.

• Upvote 1

Her tongue should never be pierced,

Why? She's 11 years old

her ears should only be done once.

Why? She's 11 years old

The hair wouldn't be cut that short

Why? She's 11 years old with a bald sides and a bleached/pink head top.

Rihanna is a horrendous role model.

Why are you bringing her into this? She mentioned she wanted to be like Rihanna, young girls love Rihanna and try to be like her. She doesn't set a good example on that basis.

C/S

I don't even know why KG was even challenged in the first place

She's a child, she's 11 years old and regardless of who her parents are she should be guarded and kept to an extent so she can enjoy her childhood. Come 18 she can cut her hair and pierce herself but she is no where near old enough to make these adult decisions. Look at all these young star's and how they turn out..

World is f*cked, don't think for a second that being 11 is anything like it was when we were children.

Theres news articles about anorexic 8 year olds. Beauty pageants for children and all sorts of bollocks now.

lol talking like youre 80 or something?

so 'cause 1 or 2 people get reported in the news all of a sudden its an epidemic??

Jada has said that when Willow initially asked to cut her hair it was because she didn't want to be held back by it either: "Mom, I’m really tired of the hair. I just really feel I’d like it to get in the pool. I want to just swim. I just don’t want to be bothered with the hair," Jada remembered Willow telling her.
- Jada
"We let Willow cut her hair. When you have a little girl, it's like how can you teach her that you're in control of her body? If I teach her that I'm in charge of whether or not she can touch her hair, she's going to replace me with some other man when she goes out in the world. She can't cut my hair but that's her hair. She has got to have command of her body. So when she goes out into the world, she's going out with a command that it is hers. She is used to making those decisions herself. We try to keep giving them those decisions until they can hold the full weight of their lives."
- Will
Let me tell you something…this is really important. Let me tell you what I was proud of with my daughter. She knows that her hair is not her identity. And she knows that she’s beautiful and [she is] everything that she needs to be with or without hair; that hair can’t make or break a woman. The other thing I was proud of is that she didn’t give two hootie who’s about who thought what about it. She really didn’t and then turned around and dyed it green! I call her my 'little miss radical'. She’s truly my child. I can’t even be upset in any form but I want to tell you what I feel we, as women in general, must do. We have to understand that we should at all times, have the right and the power to make decisions about our bodies. And that is an idea that must be taught at a young age. You can’t wait until a person is 18 years old and say ‘now you have the right’. You have to start that form the gate. So what I am trying to show Willow, is that it’s her hair. I might not want her to cut it, but guess what? It’s not mine. And at the end of the day it’s not for me to make that choice for her. So I need her to be empowered now, with that. At the end of the day, it's hair.
- Jada
  • Upvote 5

lol talking like youre 80 or something?

so 'cause 1 or 2 people get reported in the news all of a sudden its an epidemic??

YES, DO U NOT USE 9GAG.

GOT SOME UNDER 13 S AND G sh*t POPPING OFF

“Those are not actual piercings, they are magnets, I know this because the other female in the photo is my daughter.”

Monique DeBarge, the mother of the other girl in the photo

http://www.vibe.com/...ongue-ring-fake

who gives a toss though

whether it is a piercing or magnet

shes still been sold the concept that it is acceptable to be seen to have pierced her tongue at her age

• Upvote 1

who gives a toss though

whether it is a piercing or magnet

shes still been sold the concept that it is acceptable to be seen to have pierced her tongue at her age

I'm not arguing with you, just cleaning it up I couldnt care less about Will Smith kids, the thread was enough to make me hit Google and research & find out the the other side.

Ah long to edit, but yeah allow over implicating matters before one of you tell me I'm not being realistic

Parenting is parenting, if you're famous adapt to that unless you want to end up like Nas or Morpheus

Watch Ivy Blue be some respectable child

these celeb baby names r f*cked I swear..Ivy Blue just doesnt sound right.

wth were they thinking

What does it matter about piercings? Or even hair colour? I just cant see the connection here, people have had body piercings since the start of mankind. If I see a girl with a lip ring or whatever, I don't think it makes her look like a slut.

She is going to grow up and probably be a slut, thats just the way it goes. More to do with the evil environment (the entertainment industry) that he has placed her in. than some tongue ring or a haircut.