Did the Olympics opening ceremony represent real multiculturalism?

Yak_Louis

Or just this fake left wing BBC version of multiculturalism?

I sort of expected it would be like this. I'm more annoyed by the less than dignified behaviour of our athletes. What's with the pulling silly faces and roaring in to the camera. Had they been drinking or something?

The bit I liked the best was the foreignathletes proudly representing their countries and behaving in a dignified manner smiling and waving.

That's real multiculturalism, international separate and distinct countries with such wonderful unique cultural identity's. Much better than having a container country with everybody else's culture mixed in.

• Downvote 4

I sort of expected it would be like this. I'm more annoyed by the less than dignified behaviour of our athletes. What's with the pulling silly faces and roaring in to the camera. Had they been drinking or something?

Excitement bro

Plus, what does Britain have to offer now? Nothing. We have no industry to show off. Our only successful export is music. And from that modern British culture was boiled down down to Saturday night telly and partying. Because that is all there is left.

Of course the military-sentimentalism was there. Sickening. But unavoidable. But if anything positive can be said about that, it is that it was focused on mourning for loss, not wallowing in glory.

As others have said though, the main point is that Britain is not a white country, is less so with every passing year, and British identity should not be bound up in an obsession with whiteness.

The bit I liked the best was the foreignathletes proudly representing their countries and behaving in a dignified manner smiling and waving.

That's real multiculturalism, international separate and distinct countries with such wonderful unique cultural identity's. Much better than having a container country with everybody else's culture mixed in.

funny-gifs-proboscis-monkey-eating.gif

• Upvote 5

would've believed you were some higher level bot

new and improved mobin

if it wasn't for the thread you made in the gym room

wft is that?

I didn't know them animals in Popeye were real.

Plus, what does Britain have to offer now? Nothing. We have no industry to show off. Our only successful export is music. And from that modern British culture was boiled down down to Saturday night telly and partying. Because that is all there is left.

As others have said though, the main point is that Britain is not a white country, is less so with every passing year, and British identity should not be bound up in an obsession with whiteness.

this is a much better jumping point for any discussion worth a sh*t, i agree with u but some of that is iffy.

and in answer to the thread nah, im hearing the unscripted excitement or "neanderthal" behaviour as u might wanna call it was done by niggas and turks which along with the overall whiteness is a pretty good representation of multiculturalism in london

wft is that?

I didn't know them animals in Popeye were real.

ive been laughing at that for a while

http://botherer.org/2012/07/28/the-daily-mail-and-how-an-nhs-death-means-racism-is-fine/

APPARENTLEY THE INTERNET I GOING MAD BECAUSE OF THIS RACIST ARTICLE FROM THE DAILY MAIL BOUT THE OLYMPICS .

For those that dont wish to read the whole ting here's the racist bit .

“This was supposed to be a representation of modern life in England but it is likely to be a challenge for the organisers to find an educated white middle-aged mother and black father living together with a happy family in such a set-up.

Almost, if not every, shot in the next sequence included an ethnic minority performer. The BBC presenter Hazel Irvine gushed about the importance of grime music (a form of awful electronic music popular among black youths) to east London. This multicultural equality agenda was so staged it was painful to watch.”