The 'N' Word

Fresh

Do you think it's positive that black people use the word? Do you use it in your vocab?

I'm sure if someone like Rio Ferdinand twitpic'd himself with Patrice Evra captioning it "Me & my nigga" it would erupt into chaos, fines & lawsuits flying about. But who is to define the word as acceptable? Do only black people have that right?

Does anyone know the laws on black referring to other blacks as a nigga?

Do you subscribe to the Boondocks proposition that 'Nigga' & 'Nigger' are different words?

White folk how would you feel if a black person referred to you as his 'nigga'?

Let's keep discussion intelligent and ignore the Trolls

Go

My family had this argument, my black aunt told her sister in law (white) that she couldn't use the word but her children could as they are black (mixed).

Don't use it (obviously), don't care about hearing it unless its in a racist manner.

Nigga IS different to Nigger, just reading the 'er' brings offence it may be stupid and I can't justify that.

No one should use it at all. But it's all a part of black people

And the way they are programmed to look at life. I don't hear china man or Pakistani man going round calling each other chinkey, paki, terrorist etc If we dd we would question it so why don't blacks?

White people call each other chav but that is more of a social status slur

I do use it but wish I didn't. Tried to cut down my usage of it and who I use it infront of.

I think rappers use it WAY too much and this has desensitised it to the whites.

E.g. 2 of my ex's mates were singing along to the motto and were singing the n word soooo casj and she had to tell them off.

When I'm in raves or at concerts and whites are singing along to songs including the n word I cringe so much but I can't really blame them

using your example there would be uproar your right

but if it was 2 americans no one would bat an eyelid even if oprah posted the pic of her and obama

the chaos would only be because the whites in this country love to accuse others or catch others being racist even when not

you know he who shouts the loudest and all that

/

im watching this topic

some black people have taken stand-up's too seriously and try differentiate themselves, by callin other blacks 'niggas' (in a derogatory sense) or in some cases 'monkeys'

don't say it too often myself and would never say it to a white guy same way I don't expect a white guy to say it to me

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

I say nigga

But only ever really in reference e.g "this nigga is crazy"

I blame hiphop tbh

But as long as everyone involved understands it's not being said offensively then I don't see the problem

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Was @ work and my colleague who I'm cool with,sort of joked around saying we're both niggas/I'm your nigga,your my nigga etc - Had to check this dude real quick...at the end of it he felt mad guilty and kept apologising.

I didn't snap at the dude and get emotional obv but told him that sh*t don't slide..

White people use it too,they just do it on the sly & amongst their friends.

I rarely use it myself n when I do it's not out in public @ a busy train station like "what's good my niggas" to my friends.

Was @ work and my colleague who I'm cool with,sort of joked around saying we're both niggas/I'm your nigga,your my nigga etc - Had to check this dude real quick...at the end of it he felt mad guilty and kept apologising.

I didn't snap at the dude and get emotional obv but told him that sh*t don't slide..

White people use it too,they just do it on the sly & amongst their friends.

I rarely use it myself n when I do it's not out in public @ a busy train station like "what's good my niggas" to my friends.

Oh yeah couple weeks ago @ work talking about music and my female polish colleague said to me "you only like that nigga nigga nigga music init" in a jokey way.

She's got a Jamaican boyfriend so I reckon he gives her a pass to use it like Dave does and she obviously thought it was cool to say to others.

Had to put her in her place calmly in front of others and she went bright red and apologised

No one should use it at all. But it's all a part of black people

And the way they are programmed to look at life. I don't hear china man or Pakistani man going round calling each other chinkey, paki, terrorist etc If we dd we would question it so why don't blacks?

White people call each other chav but that is more of a social status slur

Not true.

• Upvote 1

Makes me so uncomfortable knowing that at some point i will have to deal with a song with "Nigga" in the title at work

Gunna have dance around it by referring to it by it's code in the system.

Rappers don't think about the little guy in the office...

LMAO

we listen to the radio at work

and i had to explain to my coworker that there's a song actually called niggas in Paris cause she liked it and wanted to cop it

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Makes me so uncomfortable knowing that at some point i will have to deal with a song with "Nigga" in the title at work

Gunna have dance around it by referring to it by it's code in the system.

Rappers don't think about the little guy in the office...

LMAO

we listen to the radio at work

and i had to explain to my coworker that there's a song actually called niggas in Paris cause she liked it and wanted to cop it

U know she searched for that with an 'er' smh