London2012 - Day 7 Official

Got so much respect for anyone who does rowing

Single handedly the hardest workout/cardio i have ever done in my life

My whole body felt like curling up and dieing within 1 minute of it

As much as we may cuss or whatever sportsman, I respect most if not all sportsmen.

When I first started just minor boxing classes at the gym, I was dead and t shirt drenched in sweat.

Hardest thing IMO

Philip Hindes admitting he crashed deliberately will not cost TeamGB their track cycling gold, says IOC

The International Olympic Committee have said Britain's gold medal in men's team sprint will stand despite Philip Hindes admitting he deliberately crashed.

Hindes, Sir Chris Hoy and Jason Kenny beat France in the final in a world record of 42.6 sec, but the 19-year-old admitted afterwards he had deliberately crashed during the heats allowing the race to be restarted.

IOC communications director Mark Adams said there was no reason to question the result.

Asked if the IOC would be looking at the result, Adams said: "At present there are no plans to do so. Our view is that people were not deprived of a contest.

"I have spoken to the UCI and they obviously aware of the situation. At at this stage they don't see any reason to question the result and neither do we.

Hindes sparked controversy when he appeared to tell reporters afterwards that the crash had been deliberate.

He said: "We were saying if we have a bad start we need to crash to get a restart. I just crashed, I did it on purpose to get a restart, just to have the fastest ride. I did it. So it was all planned, really."

A spokesperson for cycling's world governing body, the International Cycling Union (UCI) told Press Association Sport: "We do not have any reason to question the result of the race."

France, who finished second to Britain in the three-man, three-lap team sprint, hoped the incident might result in a rule change in future, but any discussion over rule changes would have to wait until the end of the Olympic period.

This would also cover the women's team sprint, which saw Britain's Victoria Pendleton and Jess Varnish relegated for a takeover infringement and ruled out of the gold medal ride-off, before China's Gong Jinjie and Guo Shuang were relegated in the final, despite being the quickest team, for a similar offence - failing to change over within the required period of track, which is marked by a thin strip of white tape.

China had to settle for silver as Germany's Kristina Vogel and Miriam Welte, who had advanced third fastest behind China and Britain, were awarded gold.

France coach Florian Rousseau said cycling's international governing body must now re-examine its regulations to prevent future controversy blighting the sport.

Rousseau accepted the final outcome but said Hindes' ploy was a poor example of Olympic spirit.

He said: "There was no cheating. The British team was much stronger than the French team and I congratulate them on their success.

"However, I do think the rules need to be more precise so we don't find ourselves in an identical situation at another Olympic Games.

"The fact that he (Hindes) did it on purpose is not very good for the image of cycling. We must reflect on how we can adapt the rules so that does not happen again in future."

Rousseau said he would be speaking to the ICU to discuss the matter and suggested there was a "strong chance" the regulations could be modified in the wake of last night's furore.

I watched this interview guy is German and is still learning English he did do it on purpose but the way the interview was taken allot of stuff was misinterpreted by him. You can see chris hoy in the background shaking his head

no one watching tennis

mens semi finals

federer v del potro

Philip Hindes admitting he crashed deliberately will not cost TeamGB their track cycling gold, says IOC

The International Olympic Committee have said Britain's gold medal in men's team sprint will stand despite Philip Hindes admitting he deliberately crashed.

Hindes, Sir Chris Hoy and Jason Kenny beat France in the final in a world record of 42.6 sec, but the 19-year-old admitted afterwards he had deliberately crashed during the heats allowing the race to be restarted.

IOC communications director Mark Adams said there was no reason to question the result.

Asked if the IOC would be looking at the result, Adams said: "At present there are no plans to do so. Our view is that people were not deprived of a contest.

"I have spoken to the UCI and they obviously aware of the situation. At at this stage they don't see any reason to question the result and neither do we.

Hindes sparked controversy when he appeared to tell reporters afterwards that the crash had been deliberate.

He said: "We were saying if we have a bad start we need to crash to get a restart. I just crashed, I did it on purpose to get a restart, just to have the fastest ride. I did it. So it was all planned, really."

A spokesperson for cycling's world governing body, the International Cycling Union (UCI) told Press Association Sport: "We do not have any reason to question the result of the race."

France, who finished second to Britain in the three-man, three-lap team sprint, hoped the incident might result in a rule change in future, but any discussion over rule changes would have to wait until the end of the Olympic period.

This would also cover the women's team sprint, which saw Britain's Victoria Pendleton and Jess Varnish relegated for a takeover infringement and ruled out of the gold medal ride-off, before China's Gong Jinjie and Guo Shuang were relegated in the final, despite being the quickest team, for a similar offence - failing to change over within the required period of track, which is marked by a thin strip of white tape.

China had to settle for silver as Germany's Kristina Vogel and Miriam Welte, who had advanced third fastest behind China and Britain, were awarded gold.

France coach Florian Rousseau said cycling's international governing body must now re-examine its regulations to prevent future controversy blighting the sport.

Rousseau accepted the final outcome but said Hindes' ploy was a poor example of Olympic spirit.

He said: "There was no cheating. The British team was much stronger than the French team and I congratulate them on their success.

"However, I do think the rules need to be more precise so we don't find ourselves in an identical situation at another Olympic Games.

"The fact that he (Hindes) did it on purpose is not very good for the image of cycling. We must reflect on how we can adapt the rules so that does not happen again in future."

Rousseau said he would be speaking to the ICU to discuss the matter and suggested there was a "strong chance" the regulations could be modified in the wake of last night's furore.

I watched this interview guy is German and is still learning English he did do it on purpose but the way the interview was taken allot of stuff was misinterpreted by him. You can see chris hoy in the background shaking his head

yeah no foul play there though. He played by the rules. If you fall you get a restart.

There was an issue with the bike. It wasn't really a bad start ..

I think what he meant was since he couldn't continue with the fault he decided to fall to get a second chance.

federer v del potro

9-9 in the final set

yes 9-9 in games

lol you know federer is going to win

just when

murray v djokovic up next