The cycling thread

Fresh

I've decided to become one of the cyclists we all love to hate. I'm looking to do my 40 min tube journey by bike instead, will take me an extra 20 mins but it's fitness.

I'm about to cop...

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cannondale/bad-boy-solo-r5-2012-hybrid-bike-ec037056

Gonna be so careful with it though, I wont leave it outside under any circumstance, not even buying a lock.

Anyone cycle?

How far? How often? What bike do you have?

one of my guys at work has just done this too, hes raving about how much money hes saving and how fit hes getting. Personally im too shook to do it, not looking to get moved to by a bus.

Ask your employer about bike2work scheme. You can get good deals on that.

Yes mainly because i refuse to pay London transports stupid fares anymore.

Need to cop a new bike though mines f*cked, no gears or back brake and a weak front brake.

Just look out for yourself on the road though cos cars don't care about bikes.

Trus me Ive almost been taken out coupe times, don't do it if you're not a confident rider.

I decided to buy that exact Sirrus you know! Coincidence becaus eI hadn't even check the thread.

It was in the same price range as the Badboy but a quick test drive and the decision was made.

The disc brake on the badboy were sick but in no other way could it compare.

It just arrived at the store by my work gassed to ride that sh*t away after work. 13 miles wish me luck

Have contemplated it before. Real good way to keep fit. Not something I would do now as I work at Westfield and am confident it would be stolen, and ob top of that I'm worried about a car licking me down, especially as when I used to drive cyclists would Pisa me off all the time.

Been going in boys

820B350C-A3E4-45CD-A4DE-A06DB2F813F2-1751-00000275D636CBAD.jpg

Any riders check out the Strava app!

It maps your route, records your distance, time, elevatory gain, calories burned.

Also it compares the times from segments of your ride and puts it on a leaderboard with any rider that has riddin the same stretch of road before you.

• Upvote 7