Android based games console

The Cookie Monster

Surely they'll still be paid versions of games with no ads though, like on the mobile phones? I'm imagining it to be the same principle as the android play store with paid games and alternative 'free' versions funded by ads. Basically an android phone but with a controller, TV connection and no network capabilities (calls, texts, 3g).

I think it'll just open up the market to independent game developers. Kind of like Xbox marketplace but on steroids.

yeah i agree itll open up the market, and its very exciting for gamers and developers alike

but its so easy to pirate android apps, i have an alternative store on mine where i just get paid apps casj, no modification needed, just one download.

theyll need to nail that if they want the apps to be profitable and sh*t.

but ill deffo keep a keen eye on it

yeah i agree itll open up the market, and its very exciting for gamers and developers alike

but its so easy to pirate android apps, i have an alternative store on mine where i just get paid apps casj, no modification needed, just one download.

theyll need to nail that if they want the apps to be profitable and sh*t.

but ill deffo keep a keen eye on it

lol theres a few of these

one is called applanet market

/

to be honest they could just develop a really good controller and hdmi out system for smartphones. i mean quad core with a gig of ram surely thats enough for some decent games? i find the biggest issue with high end games on mobiles is the limitation of the touch screen for controls ie lack of buttons / triggers / analogue sticks / shoulder buttons

hence the best games being the ones with the most simple controls

• 9 months later...