Work & Life

Natalie

Definitely go to HR. Should you even be back at work right now?

compassionate leave?

Firm only allow 2 days compassionate leave. I use 3 days of annual leave and 2 compassionate. In between the death and the funeral. Has me vexed right now. I don't mind working right now but my contracted hours only.

Definitely go to HR. Should you even be back at work right now?

compassionate leave?

Firm only allow 2 days compassionate leave. I use 3 days of annual leave and 2 compassionate. In between the death and the funeral. Has me vexed right now. I don't mind working right now but my contracted hours only.

2 days compassionate leave....what a flipping joke.

/

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that bro

2 days should be more like 2 weeks

Dont let trying to have a succesful career hamper having a succesful personal life

Balance is important

• Upvote 1

Its down to u to request time off sick though if u have more than 3 days its a doctors ting

I asked for more time. Hindu funerals are long. So many different things to do. I got told I can take annual leave or unpaid leave. Considering most weeks I work double my contracted hours it's a par.

I just did it craftily, spoke to senior managers I work with and said you know I work hard and projects would haven't been completed with out me so give me a couple of days to charge without doing any work. They know to keep me happy. I haven't got enough holiday days left so I just changed the annual leave element to chargeable time.

Peak Brem

Wonder how many stay silent cause they can't let a job like that go

/

Was sweating a call from HR all this week...didn't come

It's the culture. Every gets fucked over at some point in heir careers in audit so people don't mind fucking someone else over because they have "paid their dues".

It's a fundamentally interesting job. The hours are peek. Every either stays to try and make partner or leave at the right time. So you just bear it. If I leave at Snr manager I can take an external appointment for £100k plus bonus. If I leave now I can get £65k but the pay increases will slow down as will the development. I'm playing the long game because I know this life ain't for me. the question is whether I can hack 2-3 more years to leave at the "right time"