Work & Life

Natalie

Had a telephone interview today. Gotta go in for a proper one first working day next year.

Fingers crossed.

Went in this morning was proper good cop bad cop think I come out of it quite well.

Should hear back next week inshallah this year will start of good.

• Upvote 1

Thinking about jacking work in and fucking off abroad (asia) for 6-9 months.

Having those, 'is this life?' thoughts frequently at the moment. Anyone done this? Better still anyone who works in professional services? (I'm qualified at big 4).

Anyone do this in audit Brem? Can't imagine they're letting you lot do this on the regs.

• Upvote 1

I don't work at a big 4 but there have been some accountants at work that decided just to take a break from work and do whatever. Guess thats the benefit of when your qualified and have decent experience behind you. The fundamentals of accountancy never change so you could always get back in to it one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about jacking work in and f*cking off abroad (asia) for 6-9 months.

Having those, 'is this life?' thoughts frequently at the moment. Anyone done this? Better still anyone who works in professional services? (I'm qualified at big 4).

Anyone do this in audit Brem? Can't imagine they're letting you lot do this on the regs.

It depends. You can get approval and take all the leave you want really. But that depends.