Work & Life

Natalie

Good to see guys progressing into management

Being a boss at work >>> being a boss on road

Interviewed a guy for salesman he did well I phoned him to offer him the job but man said he was waiting for somebody else to get back to him coz it's more money, not sure on this one coz I feel that he will be constantly looking for a better salary rather than looking to progress, guys are too greedy these days I swear

/

Good start to the year for me after 2 amazing years in my first two years of management, already 4k over budget and enjoying winning more customers. Sometimes job satisfaction >>>

Yea but that guy had a job offer from me and I told him if he shows potential and works hard I will put him on management trainee course, he didn't have an offer from the other people, I will not offer him the job now

I know a lot of people that have left for more money and regretted it

Been conducting some phone interviews with potential graduates for next year (alongside a manager each time)

>>> When someone goes quiet and you can hear the keyboard tapping away to get the answer to a question after saying umm

Don't think I mentioned it before but I was offered another 12 months and my manager signed off on my mentor (head of a different area I wanna move in to). Plus another two European heads off, who have 20+ years experience in what I want to move into

Still don't enjoy working for people though. But I feel I've grown and matured a stupid amount. Lost a few friends but guess it happens

Yeah well done Mike, wasn't even sure if you was out yet properly

What field you working in don?

Safe bro

I haven't been thus whole time

Sales

Sales yeah

Same

I can see you being good at that

Ye bro love it, what industry are you in?

events

funny how sales can really give you a new lease on life. if you are a go getter its all there for the taking

changed my life really, have applied so much of what i've learnt to how i live my life, manage situations, and even communicate with people

what about you, what industry?

The Top 10 Jobs That Attract Psychopaths

1. CEO

2. Lawyer

3. Media (Television/Radio)

4. Salesperson

5. Surgeon

6. Journalist

7. Police officer

8. Clergy person

9. Chef

10. Civil servant

here’s the list of occupations with the lowest rates of psychopathy:

1. Care aide

2. Nurse

3. Therapist

4. Craftsperson

5. Beautician/Stylist

6. Charity worker

7. Teacher

8. Creative artist

9. Doctor

10. Accountant

surprised about doctors and teachers

is in the wrong field

May as well join in... Got a job offer this week too! Been 4/5 months of finding something I actually wanted to do with a decent salary. Totally worth the time I often perceived as wasted.

Unfortunately it means moving out of London to a dead area, but the role tops the other offers. Will probably move there for a year or so just to integrate with the company, then move back to London and commute (1 hour train).

Not starting until later in the year, so gonna go back to China and work at my old company until then :lol:

• Upvote 5

Im dubious about that list. What about finance. Sure banks are full of psycopaths and politcians are defo full of them

Nah that list is wrong. Whats the source?

forbes - note: its specifying job roles, not industries

the top 4 on that list are all job roles that exist in banks

:lol: :lol:

//

applied for a promotion at work, absolutely no idea if I will get it, it will be really good getting the feedback either way as I cant tell where I stand atm

although I was asked to go for the promotion by 2 managers so must be having some sort of positive impact on the gaff

didnt get it, which i dont mind too much but there was fuck all feedback given.

//

applied for some other jobs and got 3 interviews next week